Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex, bleeding, Anti D

(4 Posts)

Hi gang

Anyone know the answer to this?

Am 35+5 and rhesus negative.

Had very low impact sex with DH at about 11pm last night. Began to bleed copious bright red blood immediately. This has never happened to me either during or before pregnancy.

Phoned triage and went in for monitoring. All fine, not dilated and bleeding calmed down and trailed off by 3am.

I have to go and have another Anti D shot tomorrow. Does this mean we should abstain from sex for the rest of the pregnancy? Asked the doctor but he said it was personal preference. I'm not worried it will hurt the baby or me but I can't be doing with the faff of getting numerous Anti D shots.... So are we best off just avoiding sex?

Thanks for any advice!

captainproton Wed 04-Jun-14 04:53:12

I once spent 9 hours in triage waiting for my anti-D in similar circumstances.

I decided on the way home we'd have to wait until DS was born before we got amorous again.

At 35+5 I doubt you'll have long to wait. My babies came at 36 and 37 weeks.

Thanks captain.

Yes, I'm thinking it's just not worth the hassle tbh and it's not like either of us are currently so amorous that it's worth sitting in labour ward after every quick shag grin

I'm hoping it's a sign things are on the move and baby will be out sooner rather than later.

squizita Wed 04-Jun-14 09:30:36

I'm on clexane (daily blood thinner injections) which cause similar symptoms. Given that you always have to go to A&E 'just in case', l'amour is very very rationed chez Squizita for the entire duration! Harmless to the baby if it is cervical irritation (most likely) but it would have to be mindblowing to justify weekly trips to the local A&E! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now