Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

long car journey 5 weeks before due date

(6 Posts)
teamB2011 Tue 03-Jun-14 23:38:01

I am due to make trip from london to newcastle for sister's 30th which will be 5 weeks to due date. The previous week i will havd travelled back from portugal for a wedding. Does anyone think this is too much for me? I will be working full time until 3 weeks before due date.

also worried about being sat in car for 5-6 hours in slouchy car seat with knees higher than hips for fetal positioning.

Mummymidwife87 Wed 04-Jun-14 02:45:57

I did Devon at 35+ weeks in the car from London which took 5 and 6hour... Yes I was knackered but did sleep a lot in the car.
I'm travelling to newcastle from London on the train this week at 37/40.. My aim is to rest when I'm there.

A few hrs in one position won't affect things at this stage. If you're not comfortable with the idea of travelling that far, don't bother. Otherwise you'll stress about it

icklekid Wed 04-Jun-14 03:26:39

With 6 weeks to go we just got back from holiday in Devon took 6 hours driving down (bank holiday) just pace trip and stop when you need a rest/loo and should be ok...

Barbie1 Wed 04-Jun-14 03:42:51

I live abroad and travelled extensively throughout all my pregnancies.

At 34 weeks I was flying back to the Middle East to give birth whih also involved a 4 hour car journey to the airport.

Stop every hour if need be, you will probably need a loo break anyway! Keep hydrated and eat well.

You will be fine.

Think your over thinking things.

teamB2011 Wed 04-Jun-14 06:12:47

Thanks everyone. Think i am worrying for no reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now