Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help, really stressed

(8 Posts)
littlegreengloworm Tue 03-Jun-14 19:47:24

I'm only 13 weeks but every little thing (mainly work related) is making my blood boil.

I have stood up for myself more than usual (I am usually a bit of a walkover but not anymore !!) as in doing favours for people but I am aware I am bring a bit snappy.

I can actually feel my blood bubbling inside at time and have a constant headache.

What can I do? I don't want to be like this sad

bakingtins Tue 03-Jun-14 19:52:28

Try Natal Hypnotherapy pregnancy relaxation tracks ( can download from Iplayer) might help you chill a bit.

littlegreengloworm Tue 03-Jun-14 19:55:42

Thank You baking. Will try anything.

Jersey37 Tue 03-Jun-14 21:10:29

I think I was a little like this in the first 8-10 weeks. I have chilled out a lot now (14 weeks). Possibly hormonal? Relaxation techniques are a good idea (i downloaded a self hypnosis book but still haven't started it!) but I think you just need to remember that it is ok to say no.... you might be getting yourself worked up about it because you feel that people expect you to always say yes. Just say no with a smile and change the subject quickly! smile

littlegreengloworm Tue 03-Jun-14 22:28:18

I feel I have let myself down though. I am usually cool about things, not hot headed.

DearDinah Wed 04-Jun-14 07:59:01

I'm like this, still am at 27 weeks. Can you take yourself away for a few minutes deep breaths through your nose & blow away through your mouth, envisage blowing stress away.

LittlePeasMummy1 Wed 04-Jun-14 22:37:18

I was like that all through pregnancy. I actually quite enjoyed it as I'm usually a bit of a pushover. However, if you are not enjoying it, the hypnotherapy thing is a good idea. I had a really good Maggie Howell CD that I bought off the web.

Missingcaffeine Wed 04-Jun-14 22:46:48

It might be because you are not getting enough sleep. I was like this in early pregnancy - well up until about 18 weeks if I didn't get loads (like 10-12 hours) of sleep. It was just I was knackered and constantly got that feeling of irritation and rage at everything, that comes with sheer exhaustion. I was bang out of order at work one day cos of this, then I hated myself for it, got really upset, called my manager who sent me home. I then slept for 17 hours when I got home. I have felt progressively better since about 8 weeks and almost normal at 18 weeks, up until this week, 24 weeks - and it has returned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now