Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A strong line an hour later on test

(43 Posts)
MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:24:45

As it says. Superdrug test. POAS and only looked at it straight away and did see something but it looked too faint. In the bin over an hour later v strong line in both windows.

Lines are v pink. Is it a line (ie pregnant) or what?

Argh. Help!!!

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:27:06

Anyone??

meditrina Mon 02-Jun-14 14:27:11

You'll need to test again. After an hour it means nothing either way.

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:27:28

Thank you. Phew.

Decaferine Mon 02-Jun-14 14:28:02

A faint line is just as much of a positive as a strong line. Looks like a congratulations?!

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:29:11

Decaf. Really? Even if its stronger later? And nothing much to see initially?

HopefulHamster Mon 02-Jun-14 14:32:54

Sounds 'positive' to me - any line is a line if it comes up in the window. If it was a genuine line it makes sense it would get stronger once you discarded it. If dodgy, it's more likely to get an 'evap' line when left, but that is usually grey/discoloured/faint.

But you'll need to test to be sure! smile

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:37:50

Hopeful. It's the same colour as the control window. I binned it because the faint pinkness initially didn't look like a proper line. Argh. I only bought one test so off to shop for more.

PuppyMummy Mon 02-Jun-14 14:41:26

Do it tomorrow morning with fmu. will be more accurate than this afternoon.

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 14:42:47

I know its more accurate but I just wanted to exclude the possibility. I've a 4yo and a 2yo and I'm 41 a month today so this wasn't really on the menu.

Argh.

Decaferine Mon 02-Jun-14 14:47:44

This time i had an almost not there line at 12dpo, very very faint. It had become a bit stronger when I looked at it later in the day and got a very definite positive when I tested again on day 14.
I think there has to be some HCG present for a line to show up at all and the only way that could happen is if you are pg.
Good luck with everything, hope you get the result you want.

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 15:06:10

Thanks.

I only wanted to rule it out as tea and coffee tastes like dishwater (happened both times before ) and my mouth is so watery I drool (happened with DS). I'm roughly 12 dpo. Not sure exactly as I've not been counting but af would be due in 2 days and I'm a 28 day girl.

Argh.

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 17:23:05

Any other opinions other than the obvious agonising wait overnight to test again??

confused

Fillybuster Mon 02-Jun-14 17:26:04

<hugs MrsF>

Despite the exhorbitant cost of the tests, I would just do another one right away. And then another one tomorrow morning regardless of the outcome of todays test.

And then come over to the maintainers thread for some love and support: we're always happy to go off-thread when needed (and I reckon this qualifies).

In the meantime, hold onto those chilled holiday feelings xxx

I'd be at the shop now if it was me!

girliefriend Mon 02-Jun-14 17:29:27

I reckon that means a positive - basing that on not much though!

Congratulations? wink

Fissawissa Mon 02-Jun-14 17:35:49

I got a faint line on a tesco test about an hour after testing. DD is 5 nxt month!
I would get a superdrug / tesco one now & test again & also in the morning with FMU smile

MrsFlorrick Mon 02-Jun-14 18:03:09

Thanks fillybuster. Thanks everyone. Waiting for DH to
Come home and look after DC so I can o to the late night chemist for another one or two.

Argh.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Mon 02-Jun-14 18:40:51

Oh goodness! Hurry up dh!!

Snook99 Mon 02-Jun-14 20:51:04

That's what happened to me, I tested a few days early and like we all do when back to check later and got darker although there was nothing originally x

hartmel Tue 03-Jun-14 03:54:37

Following with interest grin..
Sounds like a positive! Good luck.

amy83firsttimer Tue 03-Jun-14 06:47:11

Surely time for fmu?

kalidasa Tue 03-Jun-14 06:57:40

Yes sounds positive to me. Repeat today or tomorrow to confirm but I think you should assume you have conceived.

Ledkr Tue 03-Jun-14 07:04:18

Positive I'd say.

Daveface Tue 03-Jun-14 07:05:56

On the price of tests....our local newsagents, a Martins one, does boxes of 2 tests for £1! Bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now