Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Negative test, still no period

(8 Posts)
xfriends Sun 25-May-14 18:53:25

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I'm getting a bit worried. I'm 2 days late for my period and my periods are always regular. I took the boots digital pregnancy test and it stated NOT PREGNANT on the screen.
I'm still waiting for my period and I've never been late. Could I be pregnant or is there something else wrong? I'm starting to panick a bit.
I am not trying to concieve at all but don't know where else to post.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 25-May-14 19:14:50

I don't know how old you are, but when I had similar (I was always 27-28 days then had 30 & 32 day cycles) she said it was my age (late 30s).

Otherwise it could be that you ovulated late, are indeed pregnant, which is why it's taking a while to get the hormone levels up to a detectable point.

I'd give it a week, do a test, if still negative make an appointment with your gp.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 25-May-14 19:16:15

Just to add, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, hormones often do odd things. Fingers crossed you get an answer soon.

Firstpregnancy2014 Sun 25-May-14 19:36:20

I took a cheapo strip pregnancy test- got a faint line... Took a boots digital and got not pregnant. Was really confused so bought a first response test and again two lines- I tbjnj digital tests arnt as sensitive so I'd test again xx

xfriends Sun 25-May-14 19:42:06

I'm 22. Read somewhere that stress could cause late/missed period. But I haven't been stressed at all.

Firstpregnancy2014 Sun 25-May-14 19:46:21

I'm a year younger- if I were you I'd buy another test just so you stop worrying I bought 11 when I found out and told the woman in the chemist I wanted one that wouldn't give me a positive!!
Last year I was also late for my period after being like clockwork all my life but it came 4 days later no reasons behind it I definatly wasn't stressed!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 25-May-14 21:22:17

Get a cheapie test or first response. I've always found them much more accurate than the digitals.

Boogles91 Sun 25-May-14 21:48:40

I had this once, alway 28days bang on, then once i was 5days late so sure i was preggers as my boobs killed me, had few other symptoms aswell. Twodays later it arrived smile id say wait about a week and if still no sign the. Do another and if negative then see your doc x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now