Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks and gentle menstrual type aches for a few days - party time?

(4 Posts)
Elastigrrrl Sun 25-May-14 10:35:33

Hi ladies. I know this has been asked before, but the search button leads to a variety of related issues that aren't quite answering my question.
I've had aching in my lower lower belly for a few days on and off, not nearly strong enough to be contractions, just obviously happening. It feels like a very gentle version of menstrual cramps. Is this just my body GRADUALLY getting ready, or could the perinatal party get started any minute? Thanks!

Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 25-May-14 11:01:43

Depends what you mean by 'on and off', I'd guess. I've had this for weeks now, so obviously nothing to do with labour for me, but your 'on and off' might be a lot more frequent than mine! Good luck!

PuppyMummy Sun 25-May-14 11:03:40

Im 39 weeks also and getting the same thing, been on and off for last week but getting a bit more frequent now.

Sadly I dont think they r anything exciting. My midwife said they were a good sign but just baby gettin into the right place.

Elastigrrrl Mon 26-May-14 10:15:51

Thanks ladies, suspect you are right. The on and off is essentially a few times a day. No other real signs though. Good luck to you both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now