Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This is a weird one but when I sit down to pee....

(11 Posts)
ralv Sat 24-May-14 22:58:43

I have to really concentrate to get the flow started. Even if I feel like I need to go...
Anyone else...? (My google search has given me nothing but I so hope I'm not the only one!!)
Ta x

AShadowStirsWithin Sat 24-May-14 23:00:45

Try leaning forwards. It's something to do with the baby's head putting pressure on bladder (or something). Had it with both of mine and found if I sat on the loo but leant forwards I could go really easily. Hope that helps!

ralv Sat 24-May-14 23:09:22

I'm really early in pregnancy (7+4) so can't blame the baby yet smile Could it be that I get the sensation that I need to go but really the my bladder is empty??

hartmel Sun 25-May-14 04:23:37

As previous post try leaning forward. And even if you think it is not the baby it can be.
I'm pregnant with dc2 and so far (got it confirmed) both kids from the beginning made themselves comfortable on my bladder!

DearDinah Sun 25-May-14 07:24:51

I've had this for pretty much all of my pregnancy, I'm 25 + 4, leaning forwards, turn on the tap, even telling myself to pee! I try everything! Lol

amy246 Sun 25-May-14 08:16:56

I also felt like my flow was different. I had to really concentrate! Ha ha! It got better in the second trimester.

Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 25-May-14 11:04:32

Sometimes, yes. I'm much further on than you so it's definitely where DD is lying for me, but for a long time now I've found that standing up so you're in a kinda high squat or repeatedly standing and then sitting a few times can help. Not sure why, but give it a try!

22honey Sun 25-May-14 13:41:55

I have this, I am 28 weeks now the baby sits low a lot of the time and puts pressure on my bladder, i have to really concentrate for ages and its horrible but I have to do it or the heavy bladder feeling is so uncomfortable!

Artistic Wed 04-Jun-14 22:50:15

It does happen in early pregnancy too. I've even tested for UTI which came negative. Something to do with uterus expansion & movement which puts pressure on the bladder.

squizita Thu 05-Jun-14 11:04:08

Yep. I find either leaning forward or back helps.

WaffleWiffle Thu 05-Jun-14 11:09:42

Do you have any numbness or pains down your legs or in your back?

An inability to wee is a red flag for something called Caudia Equina Syndrome - nerve damage in the bottom part of your spinal cord (your caudia equine).

It's probably not this but in 2006 no one pointed out to me these red flags and I did not realise the symptoms I felt were serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now