Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else still testing despite BFP???

(10 Posts)
Squirrel31 Sat 24-May-14 19:21:23

I got my first BFP on Wednesday and it was a lovely surprise as having no symptoms. However, tonight I am a nervous wreck and want to test every day as I'm so scared of mc. I have been having light brown stringy discharge (sorry tmi!) and that is what is freaking me out+no obvious symptoms. Its 5+5 since last period. Any advice appreciated x

MrsChristmasKate Sat 24-May-14 19:38:48

My first BFP too and I'm about 4+2. Petrified about mc. ..I'm not letting myself believe it until the 12 week scan. I think if it happens then it happens. Right now I'm enjoying being pregnant even if I don't really believe it!

aley1989 Sat 24-May-14 20:04:58

I ended up abit addicted and took close to 29 tests even up until the day before my first scan. I've seen it now so I belive it , it's not uncommon

aley1989 Sat 24-May-14 20:05:38

Close to 20 not 29!!
My first test was at the hospital so really should of been enough of a confirmation but wasn't

Seasidedolly Sat 24-May-14 20:08:24

waves ME! Got my BFP on Monday, and have done a few tests since then. Think I'm about 5 weeks but have absolutely no symptoms so far, although I read they should kick in around this week. I registered with the midwife but the application from said I wouldn't hear from them until approx 10 weeks so I don't think it will sink until first scan or at least some symptoms. Trying not to worry but at the same time trying not to get too excited.!!

All the best, wishing you all a healthy and happy pregnancy x

KildaTiffany Sat 24-May-14 20:14:34

Its a massive waste of money to keep testing after the first BFP. Once you are positive you are gonna stay positive. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong your body can keep producing the hormone that gives a BFP anyway, so continuing to get BFPs is not any indication that all is well. stop thowing unnecessry money at the clearblue corporation, relax and enjoy being pg.

Sahkoora Sat 24-May-14 20:37:42

I tested a lot after I got BFP, every day to make sure the line was getting darker and my HGC levels were increasing. Once it was as dark as it was going to get, I stopped! But I had a ton of Amazon dip strips to use up so it didn't matter. I certainly wouldn't have done it with chemist bought tests!

ejgibson Sat 24-May-14 20:52:41

I

ejgibson Sat 24-May-14 20:54:39

I think I got a positive this morning.... It was very faint but dh saw it too... I should imagine I will need a lot more tests before I believe it though! Congrats smile

Squirrel31 Sat 24-May-14 21:11:28

Thank you for all your kind comments.
ejgibson, seasidedolly, Mrschristmaskate - congratulations we are all in the end of Jan/early Feb club!!! Going to try and relax, I think if the brown stuff disappears I will feel 100% better. Not going to tell anyone, only DH knows, until I feel more confident. I didn't realise that the BFP is just the start of getting pregnant x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now