Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bugaboo owners please give me some advice

(10 Posts)
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Tue 13-May-14 21:16:48

Hello all

I've just bought a Chameleon 3. It has been suggested that I need to use a fitted sheet on it, and possibly a waterproof sheet beneath that. Is that right? Or do you just pop your baby inside it? If the latter, what happens when they throw up? Thank you!

MummytoMog Tue 13-May-14 21:35:08

In the carrycot? I always had mine in a snuggle me, so cot mattress was protected. But I'd suggest a waterproof mattress protector too - you can just get the flat one from Ikea and then you'll be able to reuse it. It's a handy size for wrapping around carrycot mattresses and the fitted sheet keeps it tidy.

Shroomboom Tue 13-May-14 21:43:04

I use a fitted cot sheet on mine, it has a waterproof washable cover over the mattress and we have never had a problem. Mine is a lot older than yours though so might be different. We sometimes put a muslin under dd's head to catch dribble and bits of sick, easy and quick to change too smile

Pregnantagain7 Tue 13-May-14 22:12:50

If you mean in the carrycot yes I used a fitted sheet. A Moses size basket one will fit. Also a good tip is to put a doubled over muslin over the top of the sheet where the baby's head will be, if it's sick just swap the muslin instead of the sheet. Also good on the Moses basket save messing about in the middle of the night. I am a very lazy mummy!! grin

Pregnantagain7 Tue 13-May-14 22:13:31

Ha ha x post with shroom! Great minds smile

Madrigals Tue 13-May-14 22:14:54

I used a lovely flat cotton waterproof mattress protector just wrapped round my bugaboo cam carrycot mattress and then a nice cotton fitted sheet over that.

Madrigals Tue 13-May-14 22:18:56

This is mine - I bough two and still use them under the fitted sheet if DS is ill and I want to guard against potential sickness - he is three now - and it is totally comfy:

www.hippychick.com/products/out-and-about-15746/overnight-16112/hippychick-flat-mattress-protector-17164/

HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Tue 13-May-14 22:47:24

Oh brilliant, thank you everyone. I was just slightly alarmed because it has smothering warning emblazoned across the inside saying not to use fitted sheets etc but the consultant said a waterproof and then a fitted sheet on top is a good idea. Thanks again!

Shroomboom Wed 14-May-14 03:41:46

grin Pregnantagain7!

I meant to write fitted Moses basket sheet, not cot sheet - posted too quickly!

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 14-May-14 05:16:20

I just used a pillow case. But my DD wasn't sicky at all. We didn't use muslins. I'd definitely wrap it in something so it's easy to wash though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now