Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

fun ways to announce pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
CatFaceCrayola Tue 13-May-14 18:12:10

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself as I've still got 4 ish weeks til first scan. I want to announce when we have scan picture but am trying to think of a more interesting way than just posting scan pic on fb.

I've heard of people dressing older siblings in "I've got a surprise" t shirt or getting pets involved but I have neither pets or kids yet.

creative suggestions...go!

BikeRunSki Tue 13-May-14 18:14:28

There was an MNer on here recently who made a cake and iced it on the top.

GwenStacy Tue 13-May-14 18:15:22
MrsMonkeyBear Tue 13-May-14 18:55:23

Hubby and I sent out birthday invites. Confused a few of the relatives at first!!! We sent them a couple of days before scan (I know it could have been bad news) so that we could announce on fb to our friends.

FoodieMum3 Tue 13-May-14 19:07:09

I (3 pregnancies) keep it very low key because I have both family and friends going through fertility issues and miscarriages. On this pregnancy we actually only sent a group text after the 12 week scan.

Maybe that isn't the case for you, but please bear it in mind when you're announcing.

Congratulations and best wishes of scan thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now