Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Literally counting down the days to my Mat leave

(33 Posts)
LJHH Tue 13-May-14 15:12:27

Just wanted to make sure im not alone on this one confused

I am 26 weeks with my first team blue baby, I love my job. I havent missed a target for the past 27 months. Until now.
My motivation has just flown out the window and abandoned me which is handy.
Im doing enough work to not get fired but god, its a huge struggle! Do other people feel like this or am I being stupid and need to sort my life out a bit smile

42 working days to go!

SouthDerbyshireMamma Tue 13-May-14 15:16:57

I have the motivation to work but lacking the concentration. I'm working upto 38 weeks too...urrgh!

38 working days to go!!

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 15:26:04

I hope it goes quickly for you! @southderbyshiremamma

(thankfully i'm only working up until 36 weeks but im dreading the "boiling on a tube, central London, hour long commute each way!")

CoolCat2014 Tue 13-May-14 15:32:03

Feel the same, finishing a bit earlier as I have a lot of annual leave to use 52 working days to go!!

SouthDerbyshireMamma Tue 13-May-14 15:32:26

I wouldn't fancy the commute on the london underground. You are a brave lady!

AnnaBanana25 Tue 13-May-14 15:35:38

Me too! 27 working days to go. I'm 34 weeks and working until 3 days before my edd. Some days I get through just fine, others, like today, I feel so sluggish and blaaah. Just want to snooze.

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 15:40:09

People are suprisingly nice on the tube when you are pregnant, sometimes you get an idiot in a reserved for disabled/pregnant people seat that doesnt want to move but generally people fall over themselves to let you sit down.

You watch it, ive jinxed it now!

Gen35 Tue 13-May-14 15:42:14

I'm only 20 weeks and this week I just want to float around thinking happy baby thoughts - the looming scan isn't aiding concentration!

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 15:47:36

Oooohhh are you going to find out if you're pink or blue? @Gen35

firsttimekat Tue 13-May-14 15:59:13

I'm also counting down, 19 working days to go!

Really struggling with motivation and concentration, I'm working at home today after a hospital appointment and apart from 1 key piece think I've been on the internet most of the afternoon.

I've just been told they would like to induce me at 39 weeks due to gestational diabeties, I was going to work till 36 weeks but now don't know whether to bring forward my leave date or not. I'm really not sure about the induction, but that's a whole other thread, what would you do, bring it forward or leave it where it is?

Gen35 Tue 13-May-14 16:05:02

Yes, will be finding out and fingers crossed for the rest. Personally I'd follow dr's advice firsttime - I didn't love being induced with dc1 but hopefully the drs know what they are doing.

Iona1651 Tue 13-May-14 16:10:28

Will be counting down not just the days but the hours soon. 16 more working days to go from tomorrow! Can't wait! Let's hope we have lovely weather for a good summer off with our newborn babies!

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 16:13:30

Are you ready for baby or were you planning on using the time between maternity leave starting and baby arriving to get everything in place? If you feel you need the extra week to prepare for the arrival then it makes sense to leave a week earlier than planned.

But I guess if you just feel rubbish and want to put your feet up for an extra week i say crack on with it (I would!!!)

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 13-May-14 16:13:34

I'm counting down too, 8 working days to go hurrah!
Im finding it difficult to concentrate now, especially when baby is doing a Kung-fun routine and making weird shapes in my belly!!

Safyre Tue 13-May-14 16:24:46

Also counting down - 22 days to go! And then I get to spend a few weeks with DS1 before DS2 makes his appearance.

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 16:28:40

A kung fu routine is especially fun when you are trying to squash the baby under a desk, I can imagine its 20 times worse as you get bigger. They dont mention these bits in the baby books smile

nc060 Tue 13-May-14 16:33:03

Me too!! I have the weeks written down on my desk calendar!! 13 weeks and 3 days to go!! xx

PinaColadas Tue 13-May-14 16:58:30

You're not alone, I used to be one of the strongest members of my team at work but over the past few months I've just lost it, (although naturally I've been handing things over ready for leaving so it is out of my control a bit)
I just want to be at home rubbing my belly and knitting. 29 working days to go!

appletree100 Tue 13-May-14 17:05:23

haha... rubbing belly and knitting smile Not sure when to finish - i'm freelance and also used to be good at my job - I have a deadline tomorrow... but I am on here talking to you ladies xx I would like to finish up at 34 weeks (28 weeks now) xxx

getagoldtoof Tue 13-May-14 17:12:12

Ha ha! This is brilliant. I've got 20 days! I can't even hide my joy when colleagues ask me when I'm leaving. Slightly unprofessional!

It has really spurred me on, though, to get some stuff sorted and escalated before I leave which means there are some things I am pretty sad I won't be seeing through. Ah, I'll not be worrying about it on ML!

AnnaBanana25 Tue 13-May-14 17:24:08

pinacoladas you made me laugh with your belly rubbing and knitting!! That is exactly what I want to do... Although when I went to knit a baby hat last night I couldn't even get it bloody cast on, I'm really losing it!

DartmoorDoughnut Tue 13-May-14 17:27:25

I cant wait for ML to start! Am only 25 weeks but finishing at 34, no medical reasons but first pregnancy so not sure when baby will arrive & figured might as well start earlier than later smile I feel like doing a jig every time I realise how close it is now!

LJHH Tue 13-May-14 18:03:37

OhI am so pleased I'm not alone!
(I just want to be at home with all the lovely things we've bought for our little boy eating Ben & Jerrys smile )

Redling Tue 13-May-14 18:19:33

I haven't given a solitary shit about my job since I got pregnant, and finding it hard to hide with 38 working days to go! I have to bite my tongue to not reply 'I don't care' to every question! Thankfully my managers think it's quite funny and are all mums/grams so love chatting on about the baby with me. I try, but it's such a struggle when I have limited energy and just want to be spending it on peepRing for the baby. It doesn't help that I can't do a lot of my job now because of my pregnancy risk assessment so there's not loads for me to do.

Redling Tue 13-May-14 18:20:27

PeepRing?! Preparing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now