Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Floatation tanks in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Plateofcrumbs Tue 13-May-14 14:37:29

Anyone tried a floatation tank whilst pregnant, if so how was it?

Also I'm being a bit stupid here, but why does advice about not lying on your back not apply to floating?

twiglet2 Tue 13-May-14 15:42:08

I went to one of these when not pregnant and it was wonderful, the most relaxing thing I have ever done and I felt amazing when I came out.

I thought about booking one for my sister in law when she was pregnant but never got round to it. Everything I read said it was fine for pregnant ladies and you are fully supported by the water.

Plateofcrumbs Tue 13-May-14 15:47:33

I've been to one when non-pregnant too and really liked it.

They do seem to be recommended for pregnant women, I just don't really get why lying flat in them isn't a problem.

GingerRodgers Tue 13-May-14 16:19:12

The weight of the baby in later stages can compress things making blood flow slower but in a flotation tank I don't think this would happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now