Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps and spotting at 7 weeks

(6 Posts)
ots Tue 13-May-14 08:31:00

Anyone there to hold my hand? sad .
Had sex Sunday night and when I wiped after there was a tiny bit of pink blood. Then this morning when I woke up there was some brown blood in my underwear, and when I've wiped a couple of times since there has been browny blood. I've also got period type cramps. sad

Called the early pregnancy ward and the lady said it does happen but she wants me to go in for a scan. Its at 3pm tomorrow so got ages to wait. Wondered if anyone had any reassuring stories? Feel so scared.

purplemurple1 Tue 13-May-14 08:36:59

I had spotting and cramping around the time of my second missed period with ds and all was fine. Brown blood is better as its old blood and cramping is normal early days as your uterus is stretching. Great that you are getting a scan, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

ots Tue 13-May-14 08:41:15

Thanks purple. smile I've heard that about cramps being normal, I'm just scared as its coupled with the spotting. Eek I hate this early stage of pregnancy!

purplemurple1 Tue 13-May-14 09:52:48

It's nerve racking and I can't say the second time is any easier 4+ 1 and already stressed!

Fingers crossed for you but Brown blood and not getting heavier is as good as spotting gets ifyswim.

ots Tue 13-May-14 17:46:44

Thanks. Haven't bled anymore since about 11 this morning so hoping that's a good sign. And the pain has dulled a lot too.
I didnt have any of this with my 3 year old DS so its all new to me.

purplemurple1 Thu 15-May-14 19:27:10

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now