Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen tongue and ulcers

(5 Posts)
2014MrsH Sun 11-May-14 22:38:40

Hi guys, I'm currently 10 weeks and for the past few days have had a very painful swollen blistered tongue. Coupled with nausea and too much saliva (sorry) it's proving a bit of a nightmare and boy am I feeling ever so shit.

Has anyone else had this? And any tips other than salt gargle and bonjela (both of those adding to being sick)

Thanks!

CoolCat2014 Mon 12-May-14 13:09:02

I'd go see your Gp, a blistered tongue doesn't sound normal to me! I know gum ulcers can sometimes be a sign of lack of iron, so a quick check over might be good smile

Otherwise I've always found the gum ulcer pastels to be best - you can get them in any pharmacy & check they are ok for pregnancy. Also avoid too much citrus or sugary sweets, I used to find they aggravated ulcers!

2014MrsH Mon 12-May-14 16:42:38

Thanks - that's what I thought that ulcers can't be a good thing.

Will see what doc suggests although before I've been told to keep lemon sweets with me for the nausea. Catch 22 smile

slightlyinsane Mon 12-May-14 22:46:38

I've had the same thing going on over the past 9 yrs since dd1. It's more than likely hormone related. When not pregnant mine is a wk before Af due. Using a good mouth wash is a massive help in the long run but for immediate relief corsodyl (sp) do a heavy duty mouth wash, not the daily one, that relieved the pain and swelling really quickly. Not meant for long term use but fantastic when really painful. Your dentist might be a better person to see.

2014MrsH Tue 13-May-14 17:16:16

9 years? Blimey I hope that's not been constant!

Yeah I think it's hormone related too as it seems to have calmed down a bit now. That and bonjela teething gel is helping smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now