Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice please!

(11 Posts)
klud102 Sun 11-May-14 17:02:19

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and over the last two days I have been taking pregnancy tests, the image I have uploaded are all 5 tests I have taken, all lines appeared within 5 minutes and I guess the reason I am uploading this is because this pregnancy wasn't expected and I am rather nervous, so any advice and tips would be welcomed, greatly. Thanks!

klud102 Sun 11-May-14 17:02:55

The most recent is on the left and the oldest is on the right!

Ducky23 Sun 11-May-14 17:15:10

I can't see pics on my phone but I'm guessing there is 2 lines. Congratulations smile. Have you worked out your dates? Are you taking folic acid?

You should contact your gp who may or may not want an appt with you before giving you details for your midwife smile.

Was this a planned pregnancy?

klud102 Sun 11-May-14 17:52:58

No it wasn't planned and I don't think the Dad is particularly keen on keeping it :\

HappyAsASandboy Sun 11-May-14 17:58:24

Your photos show 5 positive pregnancy tests. It is almost impossible that they are wrong.

If it's unplanned, how do you feel about it? Do you know when your last period started so you can work out how far along you are? As long as you're not too far along, you have plenty of time to think and talk about this before making any decisions, as does your partner. He might come round given time, though of course he might not.

Good luck for the coming months smile

klud102 Sun 11-May-14 18:04:56

I honestly don't really know how I feel at the moment, I don't think I could go through an abortion though, that is the problem. Thank you smile

Gen35 Sun 11-May-14 18:07:47

Looks to me as though that's 5 positive tests. Can you go to the CAB, figure out what you're entitled to and how much daycare is, any family support you can expect etc? Congratulations op!

klud102 Sun 11-May-14 18:13:26

Thank you. And yeah I may have to, it's very early on and I still don't know all my options so I shall have to find out what I can do before I make up my mind, but the other half seems to have his mind set already and he doesnt seem to understand that I want to know all my options before I make a decision.

Gen35 Sun 11-May-14 18:18:58

Sorry to hear he's not being supportive, it's early and you have some time to make the decision and be sure you're certain with it, very best of luck, there are plenty of supportive and non-judgmental people here. Do you have rl friends and family that you could talk to as well to support you as your oh isn't?

klud102 Sun 11-May-14 18:24:43

I have told my best friend who I know will help me through anything. I am only 21 and my Mum is bit old fashioned so I feel if I went to her now without knowing all the facts she wouldn't be best pleased. Thank you everyone for your support so far! smile

Gen35 Sun 11-May-14 18:56:56

hopefully others who've been through this will also post - glad you have a great best friend! Don't worry about your age as such, plenty of people have babies at 21, instead consider the range of implications of having dc for you given your work/money/support/gut feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now