Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it just me?

(7 Posts)
Firstpregnancy2014 Sun 11-May-14 11:02:02

I feel awful. I was at a party last night... I looked HORRIBLE I'm only 11 weeks tomorrow ... I've put on so much weight!! Mainly on my belly but cause no one knows I'm pregnant I just looked fat in pictures!! I hadn't even noticed till I saw the pictures but I have a little belly!! Well not so little now. I knew I had been over indulging but now I just feel like crap.

So basically when did you's start to notice weight gain?
Should I be worried?
I'm a size 10 normally.. Now a 10/12 dependant where from but definately can't fit in my jeans !!! I feel soooo crap!! Basically been eating loads because when I'm hungry I throw up!!

Sparkle9 Sun 11-May-14 11:41:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mssleepyhead Sun 11-May-14 12:06:04

: ( the bloat i had in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy was HORRIBLE. if it helps, with me it wasn't baby bump yet (and at 11 weeks it's unlikely to be bump). i thought it was because i felt like i looked SO PREGNANT, but actually soon afterwards the bloat receded and i started to get a proper bump, which is what i'm sporting now. it feels so different when you get it and the bloat goes away, i promise. it's much much much more comfortable than the pre-bump bloat, which made me feel sick and ugly and like i didn't want to eat a thing. i'm a size 12 and for the first bit of pregnancy i couldn't do my regular trousers up either but now i'm happily in size 12 maternity trousers and feel more like myself.

for now, dress comfortably, get maternity trousers if you want to (i prefer below the bump as the waist band on over the bump ones made me feel really sick, but try both) and wear loose tops/scarves. avoid big meals too. and remember that realistically probably no one else has noticed the changes. i went out for a meal at 11 weeks with some really good friends and spent the whole time wearing a huge baggy cardigan which i wrapped around me at all times, trying to hide what i felt sure gave everything away. but when i told them at 13 weeks they were stunned!

mssleepyhead Sun 11-May-14 12:06:58

Ps. They're expensive, but my favourite maternity trousers/jeans are leigh from topshop. i've got them in black for work and dark blue for weekends and i love them. worth a look.

marshmallow2468 Sun 11-May-14 12:11:57

I bloated around 10 weeks, but by about 15 weeks that had gone, but no bump had yet replaced it.

Boogles91 Sun 11-May-14 22:40:21

Being a size 12 doesnt mean your huge lol im normally a 10-12 and slim peoplenever belived me when id tell them my size, but now im a set 14 sad such a fat ass sad im sure its normal in the first trimester, i had no appetite till 20wk mark. Baby was measuring big and is off the scales now so he obviously found his calories and nutrients from somewhere smile so dont worry chuck smile x

aley1989 Mon 12-May-14 10:05:37

I feel your pain I've put on like half a stone I'm nearly 12 weeks and like you I was a 10-12 before I got pregnant I can squeeze into my 10s but even my 12s are alittle smug now :/ it's horrible because before I got pregnant I exercised every single day and went down from a size 16! It hurts that all my hard work has gone out the window! Lol but I guess it'll be worth it and I'm so looking forward to being able to loose it again! I'm trying not to gain anymore and keep a steadyish weight atleast until the second trimester I know my boobs have grown abit so I'm
Guessing that's added to the weight too
At work I wanna just tell everyone that I'm pregnant by just getting fat but just remember u wil be able to soon ! Lol i

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now