Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Acid reflux

(5 Posts)
EssexGirlLottie Sat 10-May-14 18:14:07

Hi everyone. I'm 26+4 pg and have just started getting really bad acid reflux. Feels like my throat and oesophagus are on fire.

Gaviscon liquid relieves it for a while but is it worth mentioning to the GP in case they can give me anything stronger or is that the only thing I can have in pg?

Any other solutions would be welcome too! Am dreading that I now have this for another 3mo. Thanks

RAFWife12 Sat 10-May-14 19:34:02

There are other medications, I am on omeprazole. I started getting reflux at 10 weeks and gaviscon didn't touch it at all. Mine was really bad - even water would trigger it.
If the gaviscon works then I would stick with that, but speak to GP if it gets worse.

Monkeybrain10 Sun 11-May-14 09:39:51

Try half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda in a small glass of water. Tastes gross but i find it really helps!

Ang2585 Sun 11-May-14 20:36:08

OMEPRAZOLE is the only thing that had lasting effect for me!

katandkits Sun 11-May-14 20:53:39

Ranitidine works fine for me, I take one tablet before bed every night. It is an over the counter medicine and very cheap. It is OK to take in pregnancy but if you are anxious about medication ask your midwife before starting it. Zantac is the brand name but asda sell generic ranitidine for a pound a packet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now