Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Steak-based revelation

(12 Posts)
SallyMischievo Sat 10-May-14 09:04:27

Just wanted to share in case this helps anyone else. I'm around 8 and a half weeks pregnant and have been feeling really rough for the last couple of weeks with round-the-clock nausea and an aversion to most foods. Yesterday I got it into my head that I wanted a steak so DP duly accompanied me to a restaurant where I could order one. Even on the way there, I thought we would have to turn back as I felt so sickly but managed to stagger through the doors, sit down and order. Anyway, I went for a fillet steak with a side order of spinach, (had to eat little bits with the steak to disguise the taste) and within a few minutes of eating, I felt like a new woman! It lasted all evening and even this morning, I feel more like my old self and have been able to stomach fruit, muesli and toast for breakfast. I don't want to get too addicted to red meat, (I barely eat it usually), but I am now a definite convert to steak. Really hope it works for others x

RoseberryTopping Sat 10-May-14 12:14:01

Mmm you've got me wanting a big, bloody steak with loads of green veggies now! envy

Glad you feel better though, your body has obviously got exactly what it was needing.

alita7 Sat 10-May-14 12:16:38

hmm I'm 14 weeks and I've been off meat unless it's fake/junk food since about 5 weeks. Will have to see if I could get a steak down me!

Lottiedoubtie Sat 10-May-14 12:18:15

Glad it worked for you, but just reading your post made me want to puke. Meat is the last thing that would help my nausea! <and before pregnancy I ate far too much meat!>

SavoyCabbage Sat 10-May-14 12:29:22

I think it's more that it's what you needed and therefore it made you feel better. Sounds delicious though!

NatashaBee Sat 10-May-14 12:34:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Catsmamma Sat 10-May-14 12:41:32

hah...wait until it's a jar of beetroot a day, and drinking the vinegar out of the jar, grin

hope that's the last of the queasiness for you! it really is rotten.

SallyMischievo Sat 10-May-14 17:18:11

Thanks for the kind wishes, folks. Sadly nausea has returned and I'm assuming it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have a steak EVERY day! However I'm keen as mustard on the processed cheese suggestion and have sent DP out with instructions to secure Dairylea slices at any cost. Feel like such a cliche of a pregnant woman all of a sudden smile

nobeer Sat 10-May-14 18:36:44

Feeling your pain OP. I'm 8w5d and nauseous as hell. DP cooked me steak last night too but I could barely touch it. I can only eat small mouthfulls of food, anything big makes me gag <insert your own joke here> Let's see what I manage for tea tonight!

nobeer Sat 10-May-14 18:37:05

Feeling your pain OP. I'm 8w5d and nauseous as hell. DP cooked me steak last night too but I could barely touch it. I can only eat small mouthfulls of food, anything big makes me gag <insert your own joke here> Let's see what I manage for tea tonight!

nobeer Sat 10-May-14 18:37:32

nobeer Sat 10-May-14 18:41:48

blush sorry for m�ltiple posts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now