Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

More damn spotting! Stress?

(6 Posts)
mssleepyhead Fri 09-May-14 18:31:59

I've had light amounts of brown spotting on and off since week 7 of my pregnancy. I'm a teacher and every time I go on holiday it stops with a day or so, and then when I go back to work it starts again. It stopped for two weeks over the Easter break and didn't restart and I was so happy! But then today, 3 weeks after term restarting and at 25 weeks tomorrow, it's back. Not a lot, but a few spots literally just in my underwear, nothing when I wipe. The midwives I've mentioned it to have always brushed it off but it's made me anxious again. Baby seems to be moving a lot and I don't really have any pains. Anyone experienced anything similar? Should I just try and be ok with it...?

Sparkle9 Fri 09-May-14 21:16:36

I think I've posted on some threads with you before. I am also a teacher and have a similar problem. I'm 15 weeks and have spotted since 3 weeks (day of BFP!). I've had 3 big red bleeds and lots of days of brown and red spotting when I wipe. Nobody seems too worried. I've tried to figure out what's causing it and it sometimes seems to come a little while after I go to the toilet IYSWIM! I've read some stuff online about it being a friable cervix - mainly on American websites. If you can feel the baby moving then that's probably a good sign! I can't wait for that to happen.

barmybunting Fri 09-May-14 22:37:23

Funnily enough, I am also a teacher and have had the same since my BFP. It stopped over the Easter hols, and nothing over the longer bank holiday weekend but seems to return within a few days of school again. I am much earlier than you, only 13 weeks currently, but at recent scan they thought it might be due to a posterior placenta and more time on my feet when at work, so the spotting appears but lying down seems to ease it when off work.

I think the movement is a good sign, but if it is worrying you perhaps push for more investigation?

mssleepyhead Fri 09-May-14 22:53:10

Thank you fellow teachers : ) I do wonder if its something to do with being on my feet all day as I find it odd it stops when I'm on holidays. Two weeks till half term so I'll monitor it until then I guess and see if it stops again. It's oddly reassuring to know more people are experiencing similar problems.

sonlypuppyfat Fri 09-May-14 23:00:07

Not a teacher but I worked in a shop on my feet from 9 til 6 and I had the brown spotting like I was rusty! It was really scary ugh but my baby is now 15 and the tallest in his year!

Roxie85 Sat 10-May-14 04:40:21

Just mention it to your mw and if they arent concerned then try not to be (easier said than done) I had brown spotting at 8, 12 and 16 weeks and was in a panic about it. I asked the mw team about it all the time but they said to monitor it and just keep calling when i got worried.
Eventually my spotting stopped and all was fine. My 4 month old is currently keeping me up with a long feed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now