Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

(12 Posts)
Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 04-May-14 17:29:31

Please can someone enlighten me? Wondering if I've been having them this afternoon....

SagaNorensLeatherTrousers Sun 04-May-14 17:36:31

I felt them more in my back, like a tightening that throbsa bit.

SagaNorensLeatherTrousers Sun 04-May-14 17:38:48

sorry, throbs a bit*!

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sun 04-May-14 17:40:45

My bump went tight and rigid all over.

Polyethyl Sun 04-May-14 17:44:39

I didn't feel them at all. Resulting in the following conversation. ..

midwife : how often do you have braxton hicks?
Me: I haven't had any.
midwife: Yes you do. You're having one now!

amy246 Sun 04-May-14 17:56:50

Anyone know when they start? Hoe many weeks along?

Bunbaker Sun 04-May-14 18:04:20

How long is a piece of string? Mine started at about 20 weeks, but the MW at the hospital said they usually start at about 28 weeks. My MW reassured me and said that many of her patients had them well before 28 weeks.

My bump went rock hard, but it didn't hurt.

GingerScouse Sun 04-May-14 18:14:58

Mine are just the same, bump goes very hard.

Nunyabiz Sun 04-May-14 18:20:09

I was wondering this too as my bump always feels rock hard! It does get very achey... Could that be Bh?

Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 04-May-14 18:29:47

Hmm. I've had crampy (period/diarrhoea/windy-type) pains in my lower back for a few days, and now they've been joined by tightening type pains that come in waves over my (mostly upper) abdomen. Could these be BH? I'm 34+3

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 04-May-14 18:44:38

Possibly. Mine don't come in waves, my bump just goes vey hard like a rock and uncomfortable until it wears off. Tends to happen more if I've been doing things.

Noddyandbigears Sun 04-May-14 18:53:28

I only happened to notice them as I was standing still with my hands on my bump looking out at the garden. It just felt like I was tensing my stomach muscles although I couldn't feel anything I could just see it happening. I think I was about 38/39 weeks. Thought it would have meant baby was round the corner, but no such luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now