Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Period-type cramps at 34 weeks

(7 Posts)
Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 04-May-14 11:32:38

...What is this? Never had them before, but they started at 33+6 (now 34+3) and have been all day every day since then at varying intensities: the night before last I barely slept for the pain and it kept waking me up when I had got to sleep; other times it's not nearly so bad. It's only in my lower back and feels very much like period cramps (god, that was a long time ago!!). Sometimes spreads around my hips, but nothing in my abdomen or groin except for sharp twinges deep inside now and again, but I've had them for a while. Baby had her head 3/5 into my pelvis at my 33+5 midwife appt - could she just have moved down a little further? Keep having to go to the toilet too (sorry! blush) and I also often have a feeling of needing to empty my bowels when there's nothing there - definitely not constipated.

Thanks in advance!

AncientBallerina Sun 04-May-14 11:38:29

Have you spoken to a midwife? I would call them now.

Definitely have a chat with your mw, and expect to be sent to be checked over

Tranquilitybaby Sun 04-May-14 14:31:34

I'd call your midwife or the ward just to make sure you're not in early labour x

Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 04-May-14 17:22:33

Called MAU and the midwife reckoned it's nothing to do with labour and more likely just the weight of the baby. It's got worse though (has done so before and worn off again) - could it be braxton hicks do you think?

AncientBallerina Sun 04-May-14 18:49:43

I would call again and say that you are very worried and ask to be seen. Or just turn up at the hospital and tell them that you are concerned that you might be going into early labour. No- one can diagnose you online and it is better to be safe than sorry. That sounds like a lot of pain over several days and not how I have experienced Braxton Hicks but I am not a healthcare professional. Hope it is all ok :-)

FTS123 Sun 04-May-14 18:58:21

Braxton Hicks feel like someone is vacuum packing the baby inside you....hth!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now