Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby lodged on left hand side!!!

(9 Posts)
Hellymummy Sun 04-May-14 09:54:46

Has anyone else had this weird thing? I am 36 weeks so have quite a big bump. The thing is my bump is very lob sided. He is all tucked in one sued and my other side is empty! It's very weird, I can feel myself leaning to this one side all the time. Anyone else had this or am I a medical mystery???????

RedPony Sun 04-May-14 09:57:07

Yup smile I'm 30 weeks and baby is always on the right side of me. For about 2 weeks he has been head down with his bum just to the right of my belly button and his feet under my ribs. The midwife didn't seem concerned when she had a feel last week so I'm guessing it's nothing to worry about

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 04-May-14 09:58:50

Oh god I suffered from one sides babies in both pregnancies. Bloody painful, you have my sympathies

PuppyMummy Sun 04-May-14 10:39:18

yes me to!

For most of the pregnancy he was curled up on my left.

now at 36 weeks he has gone head down and has bum and feet sticking out of my right hand side! I often have a massive lopsided bulge on that side!

Bellyrub1980 Sun 04-May-14 11:05:54

I'm only 15 weeks but I wondered about this because when I listen with my Doppler the heart beat is always way over on the lower left side. Never in the middle or the right. I assumed as the baby grows it will fill up the entire space, but maybe not! I wonder if left is more common than right?

Darksideofthemoon88 Sun 04-May-14 11:27:37

Same here - my baby has her head 3/5 into my pelvis now (34 weeks), but her back and bottom are very much up on my left hand side. Her arms and legs are over on the right, but I feel 'empty' on that side in comparison!

McFox Sun 04-May-14 11:30:28

Yup, right hand side for me, baby seems yo be very comfortable there smile

Hellymummy Sun 04-May-14 13:39:44

Oh noooo it's not good is it, just so pleased I'm not on my own! Am slightly worried tho if he stays there til delivery, how they gonna get him out???????????????

Suzietwo Mon 05-May-14 14:52:40

Left hand sided here to. I'm forever shifting it across.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now