Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sausage McMuffin!

(23 Posts)
SallyMischievo Sun 04-May-14 08:58:23

Dear All,
I am 7+5 and have been battling nausea for the past couple of weeks. Seem to have gone off almost everything but have been trying my hardest to force down healthy fare where I can. However, I have awoken today with the biggest craving for a McDonalds sausage McMuffin, (without the egg but with the processed cheese). DP is horrified and seems most disapproving but I know I am going to be able to think of little else until I get my hands on one. Please reassure me that it's OK?!

Giraffeski Sun 04-May-14 08:59:15

You need to

MikeLitoris Sun 04-May-14 09:00:48

Why wouldn't it be OK?

I practically lived on chicken nuggets with dc3. They were the only things that stayed down.

Being 'horrified' at a macdonalds is just ridiculous.

Giraffeski Sun 04-May-14 09:01:14

Sorry, posted too soon. You need to eat what you fancy at this stage. Don't worry about how healthy it is, you can prepare all the steamed kale in the world but if you either throw it straight back up or can't face it because you feel sick it's no good!
Just coming through the other side myself at 13 weeks.

MichaelFinnigan Sun 04-May-14 09:02:24

I lived entirely of sausage mcmuffins for the first four months of pregnancy

The only thing I could stomach and if I was hungry I'd throw up.

The woman in the drive through recognized me by the end blush

The kids looks ok [squints]

Lisad1975 Sun 04-May-14 09:08:21

Ooh go and get one!! I really craved their sausage egg and cheese bagels and I salivated at thought of them!
You have to go with what u fancy!
The egg is fine as its all cooked thru! Enjoy !!

Barbsta Sun 04-May-14 09:10:16

I feel like my body has a way of telling me what I need I don't know about other people. I've craved some unhealthy stuff but also healthy stuff too I have just went with what my body has told me

SallyMischievo Sun 04-May-14 09:11:46

Thank you! Just feeling a bit guilty as was hoping against hope that I would be craving nutritious things like porridge - which it turns out is the last thing I can face! Is processed cheese definitely OK? x

Barbsta Sun 04-May-14 09:13:11

It was mainly unhealthy at the beginning I might add but then once I started feeling ok I needed bananas salads and steamed veg... As well as junk food lol but my baby is healthy and growing spot on

Meglet Sun 04-May-14 09:16:07

Processed cheese is fine.

My babies were partly grown on Macdonalds breakfasts. Pancakes with syrup and hash browns...mmmm.

why wouldnt processed cheese be ok?

hubbahubster Sun 04-May-14 09:27:10

FFS. I think I would punch DH if he was horrified at something I wanted to eat while pg! Tell him to get a life - on the way to the drive thru.

peeapod Sun 04-May-14 09:30:46

go eat...

processed cheese is fine, mcdonalds is fine..

think of it that during your pregnancy you are going to eat about 3 meals a day, so thats 21 meals a week for 40 weeks so... 840 meals?

one or 2 (or even ten) thats unhealthy isn't going to have a massive impact. eat an apple or something to have a balanced meal ;)

LittleBearPad Sun 04-May-14 09:34:29

Processed cheese is fine, it's your posh artisan cheeses that are less so. Have one. It will be fine. It's possibly the saltiness that your craving

Bankholidaybaby Sun 04-May-14 09:35:14

Have two, just to be on the safe side.

SallyMischievo Sun 04-May-14 09:37:44

Roaring with laughter! Thanks folks, on my way now. DP is paying! x

time2deal Sun 04-May-14 10:14:35

Go for it. Now I feel like one...

qazxc Sun 04-May-14 10:18:33

Eat whatever you want. YABU though as i now want one and am stuck in work (clearly v v busy).

HowAboutNo Sun 04-May-14 10:20:43

I'm 37 weeks and have just sent DH out on a mad dash to get to McDs before 10:30. It's got to be done sometimes.

squizita Sun 04-May-14 10:22:40

Yep it is fine. When you're sick, salt and fat is what your body craves because those are the most basic 'food' and 'mineral' things ... the fancy stuff is all well and good but secondary.

You've now got me craving cheeseburgers and a giant icy sprite. Even though it's the same as sprite from a can, it isn't. grin

We have a burger restaurant called 'Tinseltown' near us that does giant burgers and shakes that are more like sundaes. DH won't ask me where to go on a date night anymore, apparently we're not 14 so Tinseltown is out and Bills (burgers, but organic with salad..?) is considered more desirable! grin

Honeybear30 Sun 04-May-14 10:32:19

I'm glad your DP is paying! I'm with hubster on this one. He should be pandering to your every want! The word horrified shouldn't come out of his mouth unless you ask for a vodka, a cigarette and/or a spliff. :D

Seatedhere Sun 04-May-14 10:37:35

I was dreadfully sick in my pregnancies and also had a strange craving for Sausage McMuffins (like you no egg but yes to cheese). They were one of the few things I could keep down - I think they sit so heavily in your stomach you physically can't throw them up. grin

Hope you enjoy it.

alita7 Sun 04-May-14 11:07:25

Take your vitamins and eat the junk your body wants... when you feel as sick as you probably do eat what your body asks for. now I want one but it's 7 past 11 sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now