Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aarghhhhhhhh dropping everything and too big bump to pick them up

(16 Posts)
Hellymummy Sat 03-May-14 22:25:21

Why is it that since I've had a big mahoooosive bump I am dropping everything or things are just getting right on my nerves! For example, had 3 things in my hand tonite and yes I dropped one so had to pick it up then opened wardrobe door and a bag fell out with all it's contents over the floor! Bent over to pull a plug out and I couldn't get if out, I would have done it first thing if hadn't been pregnant!!!! Arghhhh getting sooooo fed up now, this bump is so big and hard it's so uncomfy!!!!!

Nononon Sat 03-May-14 22:32:24

I remember this! I remember dropping my phone on the floor in a supermarket and seriously thinking "ah fuck it, I'll just leave it there!" just in the nick of time a friendly person appeared and did the bending for me. I'm only 9 weeks now and no bump (well, not a baby one anyway!) and I actually can't wait to get to that stage smile

icklekid Sun 04-May-14 05:22:40

Yep- am there constantly dropping and not able to pick up! Don't get me started on shoe laces...

Huffpot Sun 04-May-14 07:24:43

I use my toes to pick things up if small enough and DC/DP not around.
I did it so much with Dc2 that DC1 still doed itgrin

ClubName Sun 04-May-14 07:33:51

I don't remember this, maybe I didn't get big enough, although I was pretty big but don't you bend your knees, rather than bend over from the waist IYSWIM? You should do that anyway, pregnant or not, to protect your back.

cjbk1 Sun 04-May-14 09:38:28

yep, last night I sorted out ALL dc's pens, pencils & crayons cue a lot of sharpenings going on the floor, I could have bent over my 36wk bump to clear up like I do when I'm on my own but it's damn uncomfortable so I got dh to do it wink
feels odd tho not having your normal range of movement confused

cjbk1 Sun 04-May-14 09:39:20

*plus; I drop things all the time anyway coz I'm clumsy, then there's the bump itself to knock things shock

squizita Sun 04-May-14 10:18:27

I am only 21 weeks, asked my mum to get my late nan's 'grabbing stick' out of the attic (like a litter pick for elderly people). I think she thought I was joking, but no, it aches now I can only imagine in a month or 2. grin

verdiletta Sun 04-May-14 10:25:09

I had an grabby stick too! I was enormous and it was a life saver. Highly recommend!

DownstairsMixUp Sun 04-May-14 10:34:33

I remember it well with ds1 and it's starting again! I'm 22 and a bit weeks now and quite a bump and seem to have developed clumsiatus as I just drop everything. Most of the time I leave it unless it's important! grin

saranga Sun 04-May-14 17:38:35

@clubname: Not always possible.
I can't crouch down with my knees because I get severe pain in my right one, so if I want to get anything off the floor I do a combination of bending at the waist, sticking my right leg out to the side, bending my left knee a bit and sort of half bending, half crouching, half stretching to pick things up.

So usually I ask someone else to get whatever it is!

4littleones Sun 04-May-14 17:44:53

Oh I can so relate to this! Also, filling the large supermarket shopping trolleys and then realising it's near impossible taking it all out! I forget every time until I get to the checkout!

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 04-May-14 19:45:17

I know the feeling! Have been thinking of buying a 'litter picker' so I can grab things from the floor without having to bend to get them!

AuntieMaggie Sun 04-May-14 19:51:40

Yes why does the clumsiness coincide with the difficulty in being able to bend?! And 4littleones supermarket trolleys are the devils work!

peeapod Sun 04-May-14 20:00:05

grabbibng stick is available from the "green" poundland (usually bigger stores only)

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 04-May-14 22:51:34

It was lucky I has DH and DS with me in the supermarket on Saturday to retrieve things from the trolley as otherwise I would have just left them in the bottom of the trolley rather than try and reach them! Isn't pregnancy glamorous!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now