Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dress for wedding

(10 Posts)
Em1503 Sat 03-May-14 17:13:27

Hi I've got a wedding coming up in 3 weeks time and I'm struggling to find a suitable dress to wear. I'll be 31 weeks pregnant so I've got quite a bump. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to buy from? I ordered a couple off ASOS but they don't look right so need new ideas! Thanks x

CinnamonPlums Sat 03-May-14 17:24:25

I always find H and M maternity really comfy and looks nice. They might have something? Plus you can try in store.

ohthegoats Sat 03-May-14 17:45:43

Mamas and Papas have got 70% off their clearance stuff - there are some alright dresses in there - even if it's winter collection and a summer wedding, some of them would work.

squizita Sat 03-May-14 21:00:14

Mamas & Papas have an EBay outlet, some real bargains and a few nice smart pieces in there.

I have 2 smart events to go to and have also looked at this EBay shop, the dresses are maternity but can also be worn after. They're pretty much all the same 'shape' with different colours/sleeves, I thought they looked versatile and comfortable: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MontyQ-Purple-Long-Evening-Party-Dress-Maternity-Formal-Gown-Size-10-26-/251147760474?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item3a7992b35a

BumpNGrind Sat 03-May-14 23:28:10

Isabella Oliver if you have lots of money, Matalan maternity if you're more on a budget.

ftmsoon Sun 04-May-14 15:08:12

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+maternity-nursing-wrap-dresses-in-maternity-dresses+b4306
I wore this to a wedding last week, chose it because I can also wear it to another in a couple of weeks when I should be breastfeeding.

squizita Sun 04-May-14 15:22:49

If you go onto Ebay Maternity and use the check-lists (dress, evening, party, UK based...) you can find many 'worn once' dresses either from shops or individuals at a real bargain price. I am using it because there are so few designs out there that I worry I'll turn up in the same dress! If I get a nearly-new, it's less likely.

moobaloo Sun 04-May-14 16:50:46

www.tiffanyrose.com

I love the dresses on this site!

aroha77 Sun 04-May-14 18:42:15

I'm going to a wedding next weekend at 37 weeks and have got a maxi dress from mantaray xx

CoolCat2014 Sun 04-May-14 18:56:50

Try red herring in debenhams, they have some nice maternity wear. If not could you go for a normal maxi dress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now