Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

12 weekd 3 days pregnant and discharge

(5 Posts)
kirstymaxfield Sat 03-May-14 16:45:11

Hi all im 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant and has noticed when i wipe after going toilet iv got a browny red discharge and sometimes gets cramps... i have phoned the midwife up and she said just to rest has anyone else had this x

Hi Kirsty

I had this with my DS who is now nearly 5. Discharge is quite normal, and mostly a good sign of implantation. However any blood, especially accompanied by cramps should be checked out just to be safe.

Have you had your 12 week scan? I would ring up as soon as your GP opens on monday morning and ask for a referral to your nearest early pregnancy unit.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Sat 03-May-14 19:01:15

I had brown discharge at 14 weeks. Currently 32 weeks and all is ok. Was heart stopping at the time though. thanks

onedogatoddlerandababy Sat 03-May-14 19:09:11

I had pink/red spotting throughout my pregnancy with dd1, have you had your 12 week scan yet?

Agree with pp, google for early pregnancy unit near to you, some are self referral so you just need to turn up at the specified time.

Hope all is well

kmaxi Wed 07-May-14 09:38:12

Hi all thabks for advive in the end i phoned midwife and turned out to be a water infection and she said it could be that whats causing discharge.. iv still got it but very very light now.... iv got my 12 week scan today not had any before now which i should of... thanks all again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now