Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clear blue conception indicator won't budge past 1-2 weeks!

(13 Posts)
WorriedAtWeek6 Sat 03-May-14 15:23:37

I'm driving myself crazy. I'm six weeks after LMP today. I've done Clear blue test every day since Weds, each is showing 1-2 weeks.
My GP has referred me on for a scan next week, as my bloods came back with indications of an under active thyroid(tsh 13.3 t411.9).
I'm not feeling very hopeful, and I'm just so upset. I know it was very early days, but was so excited.
Has anyone else had similar issues with the clear blue conception indicators and have a good outcome?

Honeybear30 Sat 03-May-14 16:14:40

No experience I'm afraid but everyday since Wednesday isn't a very long time. Maybe you ovulated later than you thought? Remember the clear blue goes from actual date of conception rather than LMP so wouldn't expect it to be the 6 weeks you are referring to. Hope it works out for you OP, sending lots of well wishes.

resipsa Sat 03-May-14 16:29:38

Think I've read that hCG level has to be 200+ to get the shift - maybe yours started at low level and is doubling but you've not quite got to 200 yet...

For what it's worth, DD is 3 and I got 2-3 weeks on CB digi when I first (blissful ignorance) tested at more than 6 weeks. It should have been 3+ by then but all was well.

Good luck.

WorriedAtWeek6 Sat 03-May-14 16:29:51

Thanks honey bear. First positive test was early last week, should have mentioned that. Only did the test because I had one left in the box and thought it would be exciting to see it change to 2-3 weeks! I'm estimating I'm 26 days past ovulation, and even if I'm wrong I can't be less than 21.

I've done four more since that one on Weds, poor husband thinks I'm nuts.

WorriedAtWeek6 Sat 03-May-14 16:32:10

Thanks resipsa. I've read the threshold to get to 3+ is quite high. I'd have been happy with 2-3 weeks! I'm going to have to ban myself from buying anymore.

LBNM19 Sat 03-May-14 18:46:41

I did this and drove myself mad I can't remember how many weeks I was exactly but I stayed on 1-2 for ages then 2-3 took ages to get to 3+ pass weeks I would of expected as days on box.

I must of spent £100+ on them grin ridiculous now I think about it ha.

I'm 15 weeks now and everything is fine xx

Zoexav Sat 03-May-14 20:02:01

I never got the 3+ on the clearblue digi and my dd is now six months old. My doctor told me that if he had his way they would be banned as they cause so much worry and concern to people not to mind expense. They are nasty, caused me so much pointless upset!

WorriedAtWeek6 Sat 03-May-14 21:42:39

Thanks ladies. I think if it just got to 2-3 weeks I wouldn't feel so bad. It's hard to see any scenario where I'd still be under 200 at 21 DPO.
My scan referral from my GP mention the thyroid levels, and also the fact that there's been blood traces in two urine samples.
Zoe, can you remember when you got a 2-3 week reading?

I am never buying these things again, too much stress involved!

TLouiseP Wed 14-May-14 08:48:57

I had pregnant 1-2 and my last period was 5th of March! First positive MW put me down as being 7 weeks but can't help but think about the clear blue result and it's confusing!

WorriedAtWeek6 Thu 15-May-14 13:23:39

Hi there. Best advice is to get your bloods done for an acute hcg level.
I was tested by the hospital the Monday after I started to get worried, and my level was down at 83. Later that day, I started to miscarry. It was sad, but I'd prepared myself for the worst.
It was most likely due to my thyroid levels.
Your situation might be different, but if you are still registering as 1/2 on the clearblue I would definitely get proper medical advice.

WorriedAtWeek6 Thu 15-May-14 13:25:34

Sorry - that should have read accurate, not acute!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 15-May-14 13:28:56

Sorry to hear that OP. Is your thyroid a new thing or under control?

I'm hypothyroid and had a mc last year but am pregnant again. If you have thyroid problems they should be keeping an eye on it in pregnancy and conception to make sure your levels are ok.

flippyflapper Thu 15-May-14 20:06:28

hi yes I had this.

kept buying the dam things and never went past 1-2 weeks. I had a early scan for dating for ither reasons and they suspected mc as nothing.

so I was convinced it was all over!

I never got to 2-3 and my twins are both fast asleep. so even with two in there I didn't get past 1-2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now