Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when reality hits!!!

(5 Posts)
slightlyinsane Sat 03-May-14 12:40:49

Im 33+4 with twins and even if we make it to the magical 37 wks we're aiming for, that's only just over 3wks away! Omg I'm actually having twins!!! I'm nowhere near ready for this. All I've done so far is build the cot. So much to do but still can't get my head around it. Pregnancy is soooo long that after the initial shock has worn off, it gets put to the back of my mind as there is such along time to go with so many things that could happen in the meantime. I need a real kick up the bum to get motivated.

DaffodilsandTruffles Sat 03-May-14 12:53:46

It'll be fine. They need nappies, some clothes to wear, somewhere to sleep (check), a pram and ( probably) a car seat. Everything else is mostly extra.

Get your hospital bag packed if it's not already and then relax. You will be busy enough once they are here, enjoy the chance to relax now.

DaffodilsandTruffles Sat 03-May-14 12:54:34

Ps if you haven't already, get in touch with your local twins group - mine saved my sanity.

slightlyinsane Sat 03-May-14 14:40:56

I have some nappies and my bag is half packed, still need baby clothes washed to go in it. Today I'm relaxing by making clay moshi monsters with dd2 whilst cutting the grass whilst answering my ds's constant demands for the loo and spelling every other word dd1 is trying to put in an email to her friend, roll on bedtime :-)
Thanks for your reply I've had alook at twin clubs but the nearest one is about 45 mins away and by the time I've done school and nursery then got there it's nearly time to come back for nursery pick up. I have people on hand to help once they arrive though.

DaffodilsandTruffles Sat 03-May-14 20:35:48

That's a shame there isn't one nearer. Sometimes it's very useful to talk to other multiple parents.

Sounds like a great day grin though exhausting, sounds like you are already an expert multitasker!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now