Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27 weeks and bad head cold

(6 Posts)
nyldn Fri 02-May-14 22:46:19

Any advice on something that works????

I can't breathe through my nose and pairing that with some kind of instant growth spurt over the past 2 days, I'm feeling very claustrophobic in my own body.

Does saline spray help? Is there a safe OTC medication?

pickles184 Fri 02-May-14 22:53:00

Hot water, lemon slices, paracetamol and honey was what I lived on when pregnant with a cold. Actually the first cold I lemsipped my way through before I knew that you aren't supposed to take them, luckily dd seems quite unharmed!

Vicks melted in to hot water and just inhale the steam should help you breath easier too

nyldn Fri 02-May-14 22:57:11

Thank you!!! Will try that

Boogles91 Fri 02-May-14 23:55:14

Try sinus washes, theyre brilliant lol not very nice but great smile im 29wks and just getting over a really bad chest infection so know how you feel. Hubby gave me sinus wash every night before bed as the pressure in me head was immense >.< and i also mixed some menthol crystals up to inhale, and a sinus spray. Hope you get some relief xx

FoxHugs Sun 04-May-14 18:39:44

Olbas inhalant decongestant is good. Also steam (as someone mentioned), I got mine from long showers. Try to blow your nose when you can - to keep it all out as much as possible (I ended up with a nasty sinus infection once, hence the over caution now).

Don't know what makes you tick, but I find that understanding how and why stuff works helps me. There's pretty good amount of information on NHS website, whereas others go into more detailed ex platoons behind causes, symptoms, remedies.

Oh, and the magic ingredient - water! Keep yourself hydrated. Plus good, nutritious food (vitamins).

Get well soon!

FoxHugs Sun 04-May-14 18:41:20

BTW "ex platoons" was meant to be "explanations" but clearly predictive text thought that former was a more appropriate word combo. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now