Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

25wks anxious & claustrophobic about pregnancy :-(

(4 Posts)
starrynight123 Fri 02-May-14 22:09:51

I know this sounds odd, but does anyone else feel at all claustrophobic at the thought of being pregnant and feeling their baby move inside them? I am pregnant with my first baby and overjoyed at this - I have PCOS and it took us about a year to get pregnant I couldn't be happier if I tried. But, recently, now that the baby is moving around a lot, I'm starting to feel jittery, anxious and claustrophobic about it. I'm happy that the baby is healthy and moving around, but worried that I feel like this. I'm seeing my midwife next week and will ask her about this, but I wondered if anyone else felt at all like this? I'm not sure how to describe it any better...

Boogles91 Sat 03-May-14 00:01:06

I dont really feel like that but find it weird lol nit in a bad way i live feeling our lil man in there and get very worried when he goes quiet for a while, but my movements are more swishes than kicks now. I find it really tickles especially when i lay on my side and he ends up bumming about on my sides :p x

starrynight123 Sat 03-May-14 11:48:17

Thanks for replying. For me, I'm definitely glad to feel my little girl moving about and healthy enough to be giving me some pretty strong little kicks, but I think it's the feeling of complete loss of control over my body. I've got hyperemesis and that has not helped with this feeling either. Sometimes I feel I wish I could hand over my little girl to my dh for a little while, while I feel vaguely normal and not sick any more :-(

mermaid101 Sat 03-May-14 21:29:44

I felt like you did. I never mentioned it to anyone but claustrophobic describes it perfectly. The feelings usually came on at night usually.
I've no advice or anything I'm afraid. Sorry. But I really recognise this feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now