Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP at 9 - 10 dpo

(9 Posts)
lollzy91 Fri 02-May-14 21:58:40

Hi ladies!!

I got my BFP this morning (yay) however I am sooo scared of having another chemical pregnancy! I had one the cycle before last and now it's all I can think about!

It's really taken away from the excitement of the BFP!!

Anyone else felt the same in this situation? Xx

Fairypants Fri 02-May-14 23:06:35

I felt exactly the same when I had a BFP in jan after a mc (at 10+2) in sept. I had my 20 week scan on weds and things are still going well. I guess my point is that it can go right but I did have to take it a day at a time to start with.
I hope this one sticks for you. thanks

lollzy91 Sat 03-May-14 13:23:01

Thnks for replying hun!! Hope you have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!

I really want to be able to be excited and not so scared but no chance just yet lol.

Going to book an early scan I think! Xxx

stopeatingbiscuits Sat 03-May-14 13:29:27

Good luck! I had a BFP at 8 DPO (!!). He is now seven months old and asleep downstairs x

Fairypants Sat 03-May-14 14:00:34

My dr referred me for an early scan at epu based on having some cramps (she told me that was normal but I think she just did it cos I was so nervous after my mc). I then paid for another scan at 10+6 as I felt I could relax a bit having passed that point. It did help me keep sane til the 12 (actually 13) week scan.

lollzy91 Sat 03-May-14 15:41:36

Thanks stopeatingbiscuits nice to hear of success stories smile

How many weeks did you have your early scan fairypants? I definately think it's the best option for me so I can relax! If the dr doesn't offer it I'll book a private one!

It's strange to think I'm not even four weeks pregnant as I've found out so early! 3 weeks 3 days sounds like nothing! Xx

I got a bfp at 9dpo. My twins are now 19 months old smile

Fairypants Sat 03-May-14 20:30:06

My first scan was at 6+5 (they measured 6+1). I think it's worth waiting longer than that though as its not uncommon to be unable to find anything at that point just cos its so small and heart hasn't yet formed. I understand that if a heartbeat is seen after 8 weeks the risk of mc goes down to something like 5% so if you can wait that long it would be worth it- I know 4.5 weeks of waiting sounds like a lifetime at the moment though. I'd def wait til after 7 weeks though - lots of private places won't do it before that anyway and it would be so scary if they couldn't see anything even if it was just cos its so early.
Remember, there really is no reason for this pregnancy to go wrong. It's easy to say, I know. Not so easy to actually feel confidant after a loss.

lollzy91 Mon 05-May-14 18:25:39

Thanks hun smile

Ill book in for what I think will be 8 weeks exactly. 4 weeks on Wednesday!

All I want to do is get up pass the time go to sleep and do the same again! Wishing my days away right now lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now