Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How overdue were you?

(13 Posts)
TKKW Fri 02-May-14 15:55:20

Scan has dated me a week ahead of my calculations.

A bit of a silly question as everyone is so different and a full term pregnancy covers weeks 37 onwards and is an expected not actual date of delivery (wouldnt it be amazing if babies did arrive on due date)!!!

Im now 39+4 (therefore i think im 38+4) with DC2 and am desperate to meet my child/sick of tiredness/nausea etc.

How overdue has anyone been when they have been dated a week further on than their calculations? Last time i was 5 days overdue.

I wasn't dated a week ahead of calculations, more like 3 days I think but waw 18 days overdue (without induction)

PenguinsLoveFishFingers Fri 02-May-14 16:46:56

Yup, this is me currently. I was dated 8 days ahead of my LMP dates. I think that's at least 5 days ahead of when my due date could be.

I'm now 40+9 according to their dates, max 40+4 by mine. Maybe a bit less.

Only anecdata, but three of my friends have been dated 'ahead' of dates they were sure about and then gone on to be overdue by at least that amount. Scans have a known window of error of at least 5 days

Moonshine1 Fri 02-May-14 20:52:43

I was only dated 3 days ahead of my dates at my scan. I was eventually induced and baby born at 40+12.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Sat 03-May-14 08:15:53

I was induced at 40+9 days and has dd 40+10 smile

ithoughtofitfirst Sat 03-May-14 08:22:24

12 days sad

FreeSpirit89 Sat 03-May-14 08:26:15

DS tv my calculations was due dec 16.

Scan made that date dec 21.

He was born dec 23

callamia Sat 03-May-14 08:26:15

I had to go by scan dates because my cycles were irregular and LMP was meaningless. If is gone by LMP, I would have been almost a month overdue... By scan dates, I was 11 days overdue. He was born in the early hours of the day I was going to be induced.

I know all due dates can only be an approximation, and I asked how 'old' my placenta looked; apparently it didn't look like it had started to decline, so perhaps my scan date spit me ahead? Who knows, but I felt like I'd been pregnant forever.

PickleMobile Sat 03-May-14 08:26:51

Dd was born 11 days overdue.

littlegreengloworm Sat 03-May-14 08:30:03

I had worked out I was due a week before the scan date. I knew that my own date was fairly accurate. I went oncer by 7 days but it was two weeks more than my date.

Lozmatoz Sat 03-May-14 09:00:31

Dated pretty similarly to my own calculations and was induced at 42 weeks. Hope this one arrives a but more on time!

LizzieMint Sat 03-May-14 10:30:45

I was 18 days overdue (not induced) and the MWs were convinced I must have had my dates wrong as there were no postmaturity indicators when she was born (no flaky skin, placenta good and healthy etc) but I had been temping so I knew within a day or two when conception must have happened. Pregnancies just vary so hugely in length.
I'd go with whatever dating puts you earliest on with the pregnancy, gives you a chance to deliver normally before the maddening 'induction clock' starts ticking.

weebairn Sat 03-May-14 13:59:06

I thought my due date (based on periods) was 1 Oct.
12 week scan put me at 25 September.
Had the baby 30 September.
Was still grumpy about it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now