Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

13 wks really need a ciggerette :(

(12 Posts)
EllaJayne123 Fri 02-May-14 19:29:04

I was similar couldn't give up that last cig a day, bought an electric cig so even though I barely use it, it's nice to know it's there and if I get that bad craving I just take one toke on it and feel good again. Worked really well for me. Good luck and congrats x

LBNM19 Fri 02-May-14 18:31:14

I have up when i found out with my last pregnancy, got to around 30 weeks was really stressed made my partner go and get me some had a few puffs and was nearly sick lol, never smoked again since, it does get easier. My son is just over 2 and can't imagine being a smoker now!

Pregnant with no 2 due in October smile xx

Snook99 Fri 02-May-14 18:23:56

I'm ok now lots of chocolate and a friend poppin round with his baby has put me back on track! smile thank you ladies! Feel much better now! Now I just want an Indian which is much more within reach smile xx

thepolymysticovary Fri 02-May-14 17:26:44

Come on, Snook, you can do it! You don't want your little baby getting all the badness of cigarettes do you my loveliness? Have yourself a nice hot bath with a hot chocolate and treat yourself well. Hope you continue to have a great pregnancy. Enjoy!

alita7 Fri 02-May-14 15:46:38

I understand! im also 13 weeks and I stopped completely and haven't had one since bfp and before that had cut down to 1 or 2 a week if offered one.
I was not at all bothered until a few days ago and it popped into my head, along with wanting a wkd or carribean twist for some reason??!! it wasn't for emotional reasons so It was easier to ignore than for you but it bothered me. I think it's to do with nausea decreasing so you don't feel off everything so much and knowing all is Ok from the scan making you less paranoid.

But I'm pretty sure if I put a fag in my mouth id be repulsed by now!

Snook99 Fri 02-May-14 15:17:14

I'm sat having a cuppa tea and a few kit kats lol I won't give in I promise!!! Think I just needed some encouragement! I have had the most easiest of pregnancies so far (sorry don't mean to rub it in) with no cravings or anything can smoking be a craving I really hope this is just hormones being mean for a fees days it's horrible!!! X

snowmummy Fri 02-May-14 15:11:10

Its really hard giving up smoking. Stay focussed on why you're doing it. You can do it. You're past the physical addiction now so those cravings are literally all in your head! Good luck.

Eastwiththem Fri 02-May-14 15:11:10

Well done for holding out this long! Every time you resist a cigarette you are helping your baby be in the best health. The hardest part is giving up the first cigarette and you have already done that. Have some chocolate and a cry and try an hold out until tomorrow. (Hopefully by the time tomorrow comes the craving will have gone away.)

Snook99 Fri 02-May-14 15:10:07

I'm beginning to wonder if you can ever quit or does it always bite you on the bum when you least expect it sad yea I have had a few dreams recently such a horrid habit wish I never started! X

ThursdayLast Fri 02-May-14 15:08:51

Don't do it!
Oh it's just your hormones playing silly buggers, a ciggie really won't make you feel better. Just do whatever you need to get through the craving, chocolate, crisps whatever!
You'll be super proud of yourself when it passes and you didn't give in x

RedPony Fri 02-May-14 15:07:35

Don't worry you can do it! I have made it to 30 weeks so far but the last few days I have been craving like mad to the point where I even dream about having one. It will pass as I went through similar around 22 Weeks when the sickness started to calm down and it passed after a few days.

Snook99 Fri 02-May-14 15:04:53

Need a kick up the bum having a horrible last few days, just really emotional could just stay in bed and eat chocolate all day today! All I want to do is smoke and cry over telly, someone saying hi, adverts... You name it I will cry today lol! Haven't had a single smoke since I found out but today I'm struggling sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now