Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this mean she's likely to come soon??

(4 Posts)
Darksideofthemoon88 Fri 02-May-14 09:49:08

At my midwife appt on Tuesday, my baby's head was 3/5 down into my pelvis. She's also pretty much run out of room inside me - I'm a pretty small person. I know none of that means very much, but over the last three days I've had quite nasty cramping in my lower back - like the cramps you get with a period, only just at the back and occasionally coming round my hips, but nothing in the groin area. I also - sorry for TMI blush kinda feel like my bowel's under pressure: I went to the loo quite a bit yesterday and the day before, and I keep feeling like I need to go when I don't (pretty sure I'm not constipated). I wondered if her head had moved further down and was compressing my bowel now? First-timer so I'm a bit clueless!

seashellgreen81 Fri 02-May-14 10:15:26

How many weeks are you? I'm 36+3, also with my first baby and these symptoms sound familiar to me. I'm generally feeling a bit period-y this week and definitely have the bowel pressure you describe. My understanding is that your body and your baby may start preparing for labour from 36 weeks but doesn't necessarily mean birth is imminent. Head can engage 4 weeks before the big event. You never know though! What did your midwife have to say about the head being 3/5 down into pelvis?

Darksideofthemoon88 Fri 02-May-14 16:29:19

34+1 today. Midwife didn't really say much about her head being down - just that things were moving in the right direction hmm

seashellgreen81 Fri 02-May-14 16:33:35

I'd be reassured about that. I'm sure id wife would have said if there was a concern. The right direction is good! Baby's not breech! I think I know how you're feeling though, For me just in the last couple of weeks it all seems pretty 'real' and imminent. It seems like only yesterday that I was in 2nd trimester and there was still lots of time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now