Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone been out on besrest for baby measuring small?

(4 Posts)
deemee Thu 01-May-14 19:47:58

At 33 wk scan baby measured in 7th percentile. Midwife also measured fundal height 4-5,weeks behind...
Reading online it seems if baby less than 10-15 percentile people are put on besrest but I wasn't given any advice except to 'take it easy' ... Which with other kids at home is not very realistic!!!

Winnie101 Thu 01-May-14 19:53:05

I haven't been but a close friend was signed off work for two weeks because her baby was measuring small. She was advised to rest up and eat more. She took the time off work because her job was pretty stressful but stayed fairly active - going for long walks/doing yoga etc. Her baby was born weighing 6.5 pounds at 42 weeks so not massive but a healthy weight.

DinoSnores Thu 01-May-14 21:31:50

www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/GTG31SGA23012013.pdf is the RCOG guidelines.

It says:

Bed rest in hospital for a suspected SGA [small for gestational age] infant has only been evaluated in one trial of 107 women that showed
no differences in any fetal growth parameters.

Hope that is reassuring that they're not doing anything wrong but I hope it goes well for you.

deemee Fri 02-May-14 09:50:16

Thank u -really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now