Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

How long gone did you test positive?

(18 Posts)
thepolymysticovary Thu 01-May-14 09:53:20

I 'feel' pregnant. Got about 8 recourring symptoms including bloating and stretching feelings around my lower tummy area.

If I was pregnant, I had sex about 3 weeks ago and about 3 times a week since then, but so far of the 10(!) tests I have taken every day blush, each one has been negative.

How long were you gone before a positive came up?

Thanks smile

beebop100 Thu 01-May-14 09:54:55

12 days after ovulation for me, fingers crossed for you x

thepolymysticovary Thu 01-May-14 10:34:32

Thanks for your speedy reply beebop! I don't know when I ovulate though. Do you know how long after it was that you had sex, or can't you measure it like that?

Moonshine1 Thu 01-May-14 10:34:59

I got a BFP at 10 dpo.

twiglet2 Thu 01-May-14 11:48:26

faint bfp at 11 dpo, but it took about a week or so to become a strong positive.

ChicaMomma Thu 01-May-14 11:56:44

14 days after ovulation. the same day my period was due.

Fermin Thu 01-May-14 12:22:39

very faint but visible on FRER at 9dpo, much stronger and coming up instantly now at 13dpo

Fermin Thu 01-May-14 12:23:43

Just to add - still barely visible on internet cheapies

SnakeInMyBoots Thu 01-May-14 13:30:29

At 13dpo I got a faint but unmistakably positive line.

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 01-May-14 13:38:44

7-10 days after my period was due. I have very iffy cycles, so can't say for definate. I had no symptoms other than needing to pee loads.

DitzyDonkey Thu 01-May-14 13:46:12

10 dpo on FRER. When is you AF due?

beebop100 Fri 02-May-14 15:47:57

It would have been 10-14 days after I had sex, pretty speedy

Writerwannabe83 Fri 02-May-14 16:55:22

I was testing every day for a week before my period was due - so from about 7 days post ovulation. I wasn't doing any tracking of my ovulation so can't be sure when it actually happened.

But anyway, despite testing every day for a week I was still getting BFN's, I'd even been using tests that claim to detect pregnancy 3 days before AF is due, but they were coming back as BFN too.

I actually didn't get my BFP until the day my period was due.

thepolymysticovary Fri 02-May-14 17:19:54

Thanks for all your kind replies.

I don't actually have a period so to speak. I came off coil in November last year, had terrible menorraghia (blood flooding and clots) non-stop from January this year to March 31st, then it stopped when I lost a bit of weight. So since March 31st til now I haven't actually had any AF or blood apart from what looked like spotting around 3 weeks ago. I know they say you can't be ovulating if you don't have a period, but I have read loads of people who have got pregnant despite having no AF. Still BFN this morning.

Heatherbell1978 Fri 02-May-14 19:02:28

Day after my period was due which was about 13 dpo. I felt pregnant before then and was tempted to test but best to wait until your period is at least late I reckon.

Shazam24 Tue 06-May-14 01:12:10

With my 1st pregnancy i got a positive at 39 days pregnant, with 2nd pregnancy at 21 days pregnant, 3rd at 23 days pregnant and with this one i got two negatives at 32 days but my positive at 39 days smile good luck!

Gennz Tue 06-May-14 02:37:51

thepoly I had my copper coil out in late December, and in late January AF was late and I felt pregnant - sore boobs, bloating, weird non-AF like cramps, nauseous, a bit faint. AF turns up 10 days later than it ever had before.

Copper IUDs thin the uterine lining and apparently when you get it out you get a surge of hormones (which cause symptoms similar to pregnancy) as it build back up again. Sorry to be a downer, but that might explain it? I was convinced I was pregnant and poas 3x a day!! (V expensive).

aley1989 Tue 06-May-14 06:19:53

I took a test 7 days after missed period that was negative I was convinced I wasn't pregnant and didn't take another test until nearly two weeks later which was a hosptal urine test then did about 15hpts after , all posstive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now