Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hungry in the mornings!

(12 Posts)
hartmel Fri 02-May-14 03:54:21

With my first pregnancy I was so hungry that at 4/5 am in the morning I got up made my self a tea and sandwich and went back to bed..
It passed around 10 weeks but came back third trimester.

GoldOnTheCeiling Thu 01-May-14 21:47:25

I was always so hungry throughout the whole of my pregnancy! Healthy snacks are the way to go, you're growing a baby in there! smile

I didn't know I was pregnant at 5 weeks due to no symptoms so I wouldn't worry.

From about 8 weeks I suffered nausea
Now my nipples are awful painful confused

And yes - I could eat a whole chocolate cake when I wake up everyday

CoolCat2014 Thu 01-May-14 16:07:12

I kept on waking up in the first few weeks & had to wat something around 4am. It stopped in the second trimester smile

moggle Thu 01-May-14 15:30:25

I have emergency biscuits by my bed, in the car, in my handbag and in my drawer at work! I haven't had any morning sickness but do get terrible hunger pangs so have learned to carry food with me at all times! I find a bowl of cereal is good to have before I go to bed, hunger in the middle of the night is awful as I just cannot ignore it and go back to sleep. Good luck with it all!!

ClaretAndBlue30 Thu 01-May-14 12:42:33

Congrats grin

I was the same - starving friggin hungry ALL the time. It was a bit embarrassing! And hard to hide at work..they just thought I'd got greedy wink

My other symptoms kicked in between 6 and 7 weeks.

MissRosie Thu 01-May-14 11:36:34

Thank you ladies for your replies!

I'm looking forward to welcoming my symptoms whenever then decide to show...soon hopefully!

Fairypants Thu 01-May-14 07:49:14

Congratulations missthanks
It's not uncommon for symptoms not to kick in til around 6 weeks so no need to worry, some people don't get significant symptoms at all.
The hunger was my biggest symptom early on and I still get strong pangs of hunger every now and again at 20 weeks.
Its worth planning for it and carrying snacks.

JenJoWilson Thu 01-May-14 07:38:10

I was very hungry early on in my pregnancy and also felt very bloated. Both symptoms passed fairly early on though smile

Hellymummy Thu 01-May-14 07:26:36

Yeah I was always starving at the beginning, I used to take biscuits to bed with me do I could munch on them in the early hours/morning if I felt hungry!!

strawberryjam Thu 01-May-14 07:08:22

Congratulations! I found in the first trimester I was waking to eat at 4am and needed to go and have weetabix but then wouldn't really be hungry or want anything else till late afternoon it is weird

MissRosie Thu 01-May-14 06:59:04

Hello everyone, first time poster here!

I am 5 wk 2 days pregnant with baby number 1 and am a little worried as I have minimal (no?!) pregnancy symptoms...I am probably symptom spotting but the only thing 'different' is that I wake up in the morning feeling very hungry! I am also bloated and windy (wonderful!)

I have 4 BFP tests that I keep looking at- the only thing that reassures me at the moment!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
R x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now