Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

confused

(6 Posts)
SuperMum84 Wed 30-Apr-14 22:14:59

Hello, fairly new but lurk around a bit.

I had a mirena coil for 2 years

It was removed on 14th March 2014
I had a period 18th- 23rd March 2014
I began clotting on the 25th March and after a few days I spoke with my go and was put on some tablets to stop it, I took them for 2 or 3 days before deciding my body probably needed a clear out and to let it carry on, the heavy bleeding lasted 5 or 6 days.
I spotted very very lightly for 4 days on the 7th April.

Now, my query is this; I took 3 cheapie pregnancy tests yesterday,two were positive, very very faint line, one negative, all from the same urine sample in a pot.
I took a coop pharmacy test this morning with my first wee and that was negative.
I went to get some more cheapies, took another and a positive, the line is darker too, it came up in 3 mins, it said up to 5 mins.

I'm so confused, I have spoke with my gp again and she said wait two weeks and test again, I never took the spotting on 7th April as a period so if that was one I'd only be 3 weeks!? Can you even get a positive at 3 weeks?

I have a 7 and 8 year old but I remember very little from their pregnancies!

Any ideas? Thanks

Have attached photo of the test today.

Millasaurus Wed 30-Apr-14 23:04:25

Hello SuperMum!

I think I took the very same tests as you (Poundland?)
When I took mine I also got a very, very faint line & booked an appointment with a Doctor that same morning who did another test which again came back very, very faint but confirmed I was indeed pregnant. I was about 3 weeks gone by then - so very very early, so it is possible to find out that soon.

From experience, I'd suggest for you to book an appointment with your Doctor or a nurse & ask them to do a test for you.

Good luck!

SuperMum84 Wed 30-Apr-14 23:20:28

Hi there, thanks for replying, been feeling a little mental!

The gp has said wait 10 days two weeks and test again so it's a wait and see thing I suppose. I bought the tests in pound land also, the little blue box, I bought a pink box too and they all said negative. I need to stop poas now and wait I guess lol

Millasaurus Wed 30-Apr-14 23:25:32

I'd try again in a week & try not to over think on things - although, I know that can be very hard to do!

Keep us updated with how you get on smile

SuperMum84 Fri 02-May-14 21:24:58

Even more confused now.
Tested Tuesday & got a very very faint positive, tested Wednesday and got a darker line, pic above. Tested Thursday and this morning and both negative. So what tests do I believe?!
I've no idea when my period is even due to go by anything !!

Lozmatoz Fri 02-May-14 22:12:15

Pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now