Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Support belts

(9 Posts)
stargirl1701 Wed 30-Apr-14 19:36:54

Can anyone recommend a specific pg support belt/ band?

Thank you.

RAFWife12 Wed 30-Apr-14 19:42:06

I have SPD, and bought this one www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FO6MOE/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My physio gave me a big bit of tubigrip, which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot! This one is so much better!

wightjellybaby Wed 30-Apr-14 19:45:44

I had one from mothercare really comfortable

johull Wed 30-Apr-14 20:19:34

Go to Physio at your hospital and they'll give you a free one. It's excellent!!

liquidstatehasrisenagain Wed 30-Apr-14 21:43:42

I have the same support as RAF wife (got from mothercare though) and I found it really uncomfortable if you are sitting down. Good for walking the dog though.

I also got a similar one from the hospital physio but have not used it much. My everyday one is the Cantaloop which I got from John Lewis. It seems to support enough without digging into the lower belly like the others did. Since wearing it my SPD has decreased, not so much because of the support but more because I wear the belt every day becuase it is comfy, whereas I could't with the others.

Hope this helps!

stargirl1701 Wed 30-Apr-14 21:44:18

Physio tomorrow...but they've already stated they don't provide them!

Thank you, folks. thanks

Fairypants Wed 30-Apr-14 22:15:46

My physio recommended the nexcare one (which I got at mothercare). They are expensive, not comfortable for sitting down and a nightmare for going to the loo but do seem to have helped. I wear it when I'm going to be walking (dog, shopping, school run etc) but not work driving or going to work at the office.
I've actually found the biggest relief to be from the osteopath and swimming (doggy paddle or no legs at all).
Some physios will manipulate joints for SPD which is what osteopaths do and it can take all the pain away for a week or more so push for that if you can.

stargirl1701 Thu 01-May-14 07:14:58

Based on my previous pg, it probably isn't SPD. They think it is a bulging lumbar disc - no idea if a belt would help or not!

RAFWife12 Thu 01-May-14 08:48:14

Interesting that a few of you have said you find the belt I have uncomfortable for sitting - I don't have that problem at all! I find it really comfy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now