Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Bump gone!

(11 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 30-Apr-14 18:44:20

I am pg with dc2 and had a rounded bump by seven bloody weeks. To the point where I was begrudgingly digging out my maternity clothes.

I am at a wedding on saturday when I will be 15 weeks and I bought (ebay) a lovely maternity dress. It fitted and flattered when I tried it on at ten weeks, and today, trying it on with shoes amd jacket looked odd and I realised - Ive no bump anymore!

It is totally freaking me out. Is this odd.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 30-Apr-14 18:53:36

I had a similar experience in that I had a very large cyst on my ovary until recently. The cyst has now gone down along with what I thought was a very early bump (or just wind/fat). I'm only 14wks but find my stomach size is really variable. But I blame that on being overweight.

mameulah Wed 30-Apr-14 18:53:42

I am sure it is fine but I would phone the midwife and tell her.

FoodieMum3 Wed 30-Apr-14 19:16:35

The 'bump' at 7 - 10 weeks was probably due to hormonal bloating?

Now that hormones have settled, you won't have the bump.
You should have your actual pregnany/baby bump pretty soon though. Mine usually appears at about 16 weeks.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 30-Apr-14 19:21:38

Haha probably!

Still going to wear the dress as once ive had canapes and a three cpurse meal Ill prbably be glad of the extra room.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 01-May-14 09:01:15

ive just got such a niggly feeling that theres something wrong this morning sad

Does instinct count for anything? Will the fact that im inly 14 1/2 weeks mean even if I am feeling odd theres nothing they can do?

Trooperslane Thu 01-May-14 09:12:25

Agree with pp re hormonal bloating.

However, always always get checked out if you're worried. It's daft to worry hence you don't need to.

Have you had your first scan yet?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 01-May-14 09:21:04

Yes I had my scan at 12.3. All seemed well.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 01-May-14 09:22:02

Ive had no bleeding.....I had a MMC at eleven weeks last time, but assumed once I was past 12 weeks and had seen the scan that of anything went wrong id know straight away... now Im doubting myself.

whiteblossom Thu 01-May-14 09:59:51

This happened to me, mostly bloat and constipation, my bump goes up and down even now at 22 weeks. I think it also depends on babys position and what Ive been eating etc.

squizita Thu 01-May-14 10:02:20

My 18 week bump changed shape after a giant poo! I then had a scan, all was OK! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now