Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Christmas / NYE babies?

(94 Posts)
Annette76 Sun 27-Apr-14 09:44:02

Just got that BFP and facing the long road ahead.... The baby is due NYE which could be interesting - perhaps didn't think that one through!

Dying to tell people - all I can think about - but think I should play it safe until I get the all clear scan. Soooo exciting though.

Anyone else out there playing the waiting game?

Amy990 Sun 27-Apr-14 09:48:44

Congratulations ! I'm new due Christmas Eve do I'm really hoping baby will be early or late due to me not missing Christmas for my daughter sake. But a Christmas or New Year's Eve baby is very special. We are too playing the waiting game, feels like 12weeks is taking forever to arrive xx

Tmrgl Sun 27-Apr-14 09:52:11

Congratulations - both of my DSs were NYE babies. They love having everyone partying with them!!!!!!

Snap !! Got my bfp this morning. Baby due 6th Jan, all going well.

DS2 was due on Christmas day (arrived 10 days early) and already I am remembering the trauma of trying to plan for a potential Christmas arrival and wondering why I didn't think the dates through this time grin It is a lovely time of year to have a baby though.

ViviPru Sun 27-Apr-14 11:57:22

Jumping the gun a bit joining this thread as I haven't even POAS yet (thread here ) but if I DO get PFP later on, then due date is the 31st Dec!

It's quite poetic timing as I stopped taking the pill 31 Dec 2013. I always thought Christmas birthdays would be a bit of a pain but now thinking about it if I had to give birth that time of year then new years eve would be great! It'd fit in nicely with mine and DHs annual leave (I know, practical and unromantic but when you're both self-employed and don't get Mat/annual leave paid, these things matter!) People are off work and on hand and needing a bit of a post-Christmas lift, and as Tmrgi says, everyone will be in a party mood on their birthday as they grow up.

Also, being heavily pregnant at Christmas is a get-out-of-jail-free card regarding not having to do the usually pilgrimage round the UK to visit family. Win.

Fingers crossed!

ImBrian Sun 27-Apr-14 12:51:35

There's a December babies thread over on the ante natal boards. I'm due beginning of dec/end November. Congratulations on your bfps.

Louise7486 Sun 27-Apr-14 14:29:57

I'm due Dec 27th so like you vivPru I'll be staying put and no long drive down the M62, M6, M5 and then M4 to get there smile
Always thought I didn't want a Christmas/Jan baby as my bday is in Jan and people are always done but just happy to be having my first child smile
Killing us keeping quiet. Only immediate family know.

Petal26 Sun 27-Apr-14 14:54:04

My DD was due NYE 2011 but arrived on the 13th Jan so we didn't get a Christmas/New Year baby after all, she was quite comfy where she was!

ViviPru Sun 27-Apr-14 18:40:24

So BFP for me! NYE baby suddenly a reality.....

The keeping quiet is going to be a bitch!

ImBrian Sun 27-Apr-14 18:41:58

Yay that's brilliant news, now come join the December thread all of you grin

imme Sun 27-Apr-14 18:56:51

My DD was due in the second half of January this year and arrived unexpectedly early on New Years Day! I was watching fireworks whilst having contractions! Another bonus was that the hospital car park was free and that we got a little gift from the hospital.
Congratulations on your BFPs!

CatFaceCrayola Sun 27-Apr-14 21:22:08

I'm due 20th December. Bit concerned about having a baby so near xmas.

worried that said child will dislike having a birthday so close to Christmas (less presents/parties!!)

kitkat321 Sun 27-Apr-14 22:02:09

Mine is due 5th December - incidentally the same day I was due but I didn't arrive until the 15th!

I hate having my birthday near Christmas so feel sorry that baby will have to deal with this too!

CatFaceCrayola Sun 27-Apr-14 22:03:57

Wwould a half year birthday be ridiculous??

Mintyy Sun 27-Apr-14 22:06:56

Goodness, Tmrgl, that's quite a claim to fame!

aley1989 Sun 27-Apr-14 22:07:38

Kit Kat I'm also due 5th December all being well , seems so far away!

Stom91 Mon 28-Apr-14 00:31:31

Aww can I just say congrats to you all on your BFP! I was due 21st December 2013. Dd is now 16 weeks old.
Although she arrived 12 days late so 2nd January!
Having a December due date means you can eat whatever over Xmas and get away with it and everyone is so happy as it's Christmas!

Again congrats to you it's bringing back memories smile

toomanypasswords Mon 28-Apr-14 08:01:37

Got my BFP on Thurs. Due 30th Dec, although I had a MMC in Feb, so am trying not to get too excited about it yet and over-analysing every twinge, ache, symptom / lack of symptom etc. Part of me thinks it will be lovely to have a 'festive' baby (at least I've got an excuse to stay at home this Christmas) but I do also feel sorry for the little one, having a birthday so close to Xmas. I'm kind of hoping it is a bit late like DC1 was and 'pops over' into Jan! Still, got to actually get there first. These are going to be 8 very long weeks until the first scan!!!

QuietTiger Mon 28-Apr-14 14:21:17

BFP for me last week and a EDD of 25th December!

I'm also trying not to get my hopes up as a long history loosing pregnancies, but today I am "Up-duffed". smile

Rosa9 Mon 28-Apr-14 15:36:31

Hi everyone I'm also due NYE! smile Is a mix of feelings right now...happy but i dont want to get overexcited in case something goes wrong... I'm not having a lot of symptoms either what makes me feel nervous and not sure if everything is going well...only my nipples are a bit larger and painful, I'm a bit bloated on/off, and get tired easily... But nothing like nausea vomiting or special cravings!! I'm sooooo looking forward to the first scan so I can actually believe it's real! Anyone feeling the same? Good luck to all of you! Xxx

ViviPru Mon 28-Apr-14 21:10:02

Exactly the same, Rosa (due date buddy) and I'm swinging wildly from thrilled and excited one minute to terrified and "what have we done??!!" the next...

missmagnum Mon 28-Apr-14 21:17:19

Just popping on to say congratulations to everyone, lovely hearing all the excitement.

Just wanted to say not to worry, I'm a Christmas baby and love it, always made me feel a bit more special grin.

ChristopherRobin Mon 28-Apr-14 21:31:30

Hi everyone! I've just got my BFP today too! Due 6th Jan! Very excited. Already have a 12mo DD. Can't believe I'm pregnant again, eeekkkk!! We started trying as soon as Dd turned one, and got pregnant first time, so happy!
I POAS on Friday and got a negative test, so waited til today as AF due and got a faint line on a cheapie test. Sent DH out for a CB digital and it's positive 1-2 weeks which is spot on.
Congratulations everyone!

Just popping on to say congratulations to you all! I have both a xmas eve baby and a new years day baby smile poor planning

Xmas here is madness but its lovely having so much excitement if a little exhausting!

Tr0ublecat Mon 28-Apr-14 21:42:30

Hi Congrats everyone! I too have my first ever BFP today. I am still in shock, very excited as well of course! 12 week scan feels like a long way off....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now