Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps!

(9 Posts)
Shortiee2707 Thu 24-Apr-14 13:28:49

hello everyone.

I'm 8+1 and for the last week or so I have been experiencing a lot of cramping. Nothing painful and no bleeding, it just feels a lot like a period pain. Some people have said to stop worrying because its normal and others have advised to go to the doctors. I got a call back from my gp and she said it seems pretty normal but I can't put my mind at rest! Is anybody else experiencing these cramps? It's everyday, not consistent but when I lift at work (I'm a waitress, so only plates, chairs etc) it kind of kicks up, I can't tell anybody at work that I'm struggling because I haven't announced my pregnancy yet. confused

chillychicken Thu 24-Apr-14 13:33:33

I'm 7 weeks today and I've had these cramps since I was 4 weeks. They're not always there but sometimes they're reasonably sharp, other times very dull. It really does feel like period pains though! I think if you rest and they go away then it's quite normal (I'm sure I read that somewhere!) I'm pretty sure it's the uterus stretching.

Congratulations by the way! grin

Shortiee2707 Thu 24-Apr-14 13:43:52

They seem to go away when I rest but sometimes when I'm Lying in bed and just roll over it can even kick up then but then will go again when I get comfy. Also it can sometimes feel like I've got a poorly tummy, like constipated or really bubbly and alternates between the 2 which doesn't help the cramps!
Feel like my tummy is in knots! sad
I still have hope though as I still have sickness every other day and have REALLY sore boobs! Haha nice to know someone else has the same though! Thankyou, and congratulations to you too! grin

Dazedconfused Thu 24-Apr-14 13:53:14

Congratulations!!

I am now 19 weeks and had these from about 6-10 weeks and still get stretching pain. I kept getting really worried but everyone I spoke to said they had the same and is just the changes. obviously if you have any bleeding etc contact your doctor or midwife.

squizita Thu 24-Apr-14 14:09:44

From the sound of it, it's muscular.

The cramps with a problem, from my experience, are far more acute, sudden, not related to bending/rolling/lifting but random. Also they stay all the time and have bleeding. If they become like that call the doc.

Hi OP I've had these with this pregnancy - I went for early scans which revealed all was fine and as I had them regularly showed how quickly My uterus was growing which would explain the pain! It's all that stretching so quickly! I am 14 weeks and have a proper baby bump now.

It can be normal, but if you are concerned and it is making you anxious I would ask for an early scan

Good luck thanks

Banana82 Thu 24-Apr-14 14:14:23

I had what felt like dull period aches from around the time of my positive test to about 10 weeks. Does make you worry but I think its normal.

ohthegoats Thu 24-Apr-14 14:47:57

I'm almost 18 weeks, and have had these since the beginning, with only a couple of weeks off. They are quite bad today actually, but I heard a heartbeat this morning with a midwife (normal appointment, not booked due to pain). Who knows... no one seems concerned, I just take paracetamol when they feel bad.

supergreenuk Thu 24-Apr-14 14:53:33

I had these with dd1. At times very strong and very painful. They scanned me at 6 wks to make sure it wasn't ectopic but all was fine and DD is now 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now