Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Insomnia is driving me mad!!

(5 Posts)
Hellymummy Thu 24-Apr-14 09:36:11

Someone please say they are suffering too! I'm 34 weeks and having terrible insomnia! I'm still working full time so in theory should be knackered but I'm wide awake all night! Sometimes I have an hour then awake rest of night sometimes I don't nod off til about 4am! It can be a number of things like leg cramp, restless legs, heartburn, uncomfy! Then when I get up in morning I'm wrecked! What can I do??

miki123 Thu 24-Apr-14 09:45:38

Hey Hellymummy i FEEL your pain - am also 34 weeks and suffering from exactly the same as you - my leg aches are driving me INSANE at night in preventing me from sleeping - am also working full time so finding it really tough. I now just get out of bed and do something rather than lie there until am feeling close to madness...it's so infuriating as we all know that sleepless nights await us when our little ones arrive so WHHHHY can't we at least sleep now? Big hugs , it'll all be worth it in the end! :-)

SavoyCabbage Thu 24-Apr-14 10:00:23

Try listening to classical music or a 'relaxation' or hypnotherapy cd. The one I have is an American woman bossing me around but it really works.

SouthDerbyshireMamma Thu 24-Apr-14 10:01:44

Snap! Im only 27+5 and its driving me mad. Leg cramps, uncomfortable, heartburn etc etc.My wonderful boyfriend woke me up at 4.30am, about half hour after I'd finally fallen asleep. Not content with banging around the bedroom, he felt he needed to switch the en suite light on and leave the door wide open. I could have killed him! What a sod!!!

Laurencita Sat 03-May-14 00:27:23

I am also suffering at the moment with this, although I am only 12 weeks. I do find eating a piece of bread/marmite, having hot milk and doing some calf stretches and lifts before bed helps as it reduces my restless legs symptoms at night. No problem napping during the day but I work full time do not usually possible. Very annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now