Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone in second trimester worrying about weight gain?

(7 Posts)
EmilyJane86 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:20:05

I'm pretty active. I am a nurse so do a fair bit of walking at work then I try to go for walks. I don't think I've been eating that much....obviously more than I normally do. I'm getting married in 5 weeks and I guess that's making me fret more about weight gain than I would be doing. I am worried I will look like some kind of Princess Fiona from Shrek....or worse still my dress won't fit. I was a 12 pre pregnancy and I've bought a dress in maternity fit size 16 so surely that should still fit in 5 weeks....or we would hope it does lol

Gen35 Thu 24-Apr-14 17:53:58

I'm nearly 18 wks with dc2 and I haven't weighed myself as i sweated over it with dc1 and it fell off in the 3 months post birth, all 35-40 lb. don't ruin your lives worrying about something temporary, try and eat some good things every day and keep relatively active and then breathe. We need to use the time spent obsessing over weight more productively!

ClaretAndBlue30 Thu 24-Apr-14 17:33:46

Im 16+2 and have put on 13lb and seem to constantly fret over it!

Granted, I did eat for England in my first trimester but that was all I could do not to be sick hmm

I have, however, walked an hour each day, done the occasional pregnancy workout DVD as well as yoga so not turned into a complete couch potato - I think we're just all unique and put weight on differently!

weebairn Thu 24-Apr-14 16:42:28

I think the key is to eat healthy, stay active (but rest some too) and not weigh yourself smile

SandwichBag Thu 24-Apr-14 16:41:04

I'm 21 weeks and have put on about a stone. Seem to have put on 1/2 stone in the last 2 weeks and have been indulging in lots of Easter treats and meals out so after tomorrow's afternoon tea I am going on a health kick... no more cake, chocolate, biscuits or crisps for me (wonder how long it will last lol)

I do "excersise" though - this morning I did 3 x 10 minute solutions pilates workouts, walked 20 mins each way to my lunch meeting and will walk my horse for 30 mins later this evening.

Tomorrow I plan to do lots of swimming before my treat smile

Mmolly2013 Thu 24-Apr-14 06:21:13

Im 23 weeks and have put on about 22lbs so far.. i try to eat healthy but im just so hungry it doesnt last long. Don't know what to do.

EmilyJane86 Wed 23-Apr-14 23:25:47

I'm 16 weeks 4 days and put on just over a stone already. Petrified I'm going to end up the size of a house! Keep thinking it's time to count the calories but finding it so hard as I'm near enough hungry 24/7. Anyone have advice or feel the same as me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now