Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16 weeks pregnant getting married in 6 weeks will my maternity wedding dress still fit then?

(7 Posts)
EmilyJane86 Wed 23-Apr-14 21:23:27

I am panicking as I have got a size 16 maternity wedding dress to wear in 6 weeks. It fits comfortably now maybe slightly loose but worrying it won't fit by the time I'm 22 weeks (however dress material has got some stretch in it). I have already put on over a stone. I was a size 12 before I got pregnant.

CoolCat2014 Wed 23-Apr-14 21:26:25

If it's loose now I think you should be ok, if not does the shop have a seamstress who can let it out?

EmilyJane86 Wed 23-Apr-14 21:46:17

It'd only a cheap dress....from ASOS but it's been done up. Had lace put on it and pearls and a sash. My mother is a seamstress. Not spoken to her about whether or not she could let it out. Surely I can't put in a stone in 6 weeks. How I've managed to put on a stone already is pretty disgusting lol

PuppyMummy Thu 24-Apr-14 07:47:43

you might not get any bigger but your bump may well...

Heatherbell1978 Thu 24-Apr-14 19:13:41

Don't mean to alarm you but my bump popped between about 18 and 22 wks. I'm 24 wks now and definitely look pregnant which I probably didn't a month ago. I'm normally a pretty slim 10 and I'm a bridesmaid in 2 weeks. We ordered me a size 14 which fits the bump perfectly but a bit bigger everywhere else as I'm still a 10 I guess but with a bump! You might be fine but you're coming into the period where your bump will grow! Can you get a 'back-up' dress just in case?

EmilyJane86 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:14:02

I'm not too worried about the bump fitting it. I was a 12 pre pregnancy, so thought a size 16 maternity dress would definitely fit but as I've put on just over a stone and I'm just shy of 17 weeks in getting worried I will be huge....and be too fat to fit in it. I haven't really got the money for a spare guess if all else fails I would have to end up begging mu mother to but me a dress last minute.

EmilyJane86 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:14:35

My*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now