Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on Moses Basket bedding

(3 Posts)
KatraAllandra Wed 23-Apr-14 16:40:20

Not sure if this is the right topic for this, but anyway.

I've been given a ton of baby stuff from a friend (non-smokers, no pets), including a moses basket. As per the advice I've bought a new mattress and all the sheets will be thoroughly washed.

What I'm not sure about is the padding around the inside of the basket, I'm not sure how easy that will be to wash and dry properly (no tumble dryer), so, should I replace it? If so where is a good place to find something like that?

Ta

mummytobeabs Wed 23-Apr-14 16:46:29

I have bought a Moses basket from a women in my area and she said it's virtually brand new but I washed everything and yes even the padding around it, it's easy enough to put back on if you remember how you removed it. If you are worried about infections try a bacteria killing spray, if you feel like you would feel happier buying new then go with what you think smile x

HoneyBadgerPersonified Wed 23-Apr-14 19:23:22

I don't think you can buy new Moses basket padding on its own - just the sheets etc. So anything you buy will be second hand anyway. I washed all the padding on my second hand stuff Moses basket (didn't realise it was baby pink in the eBay pics but DS1 didn't seem to mind!) and it washed and dried fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now