Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third trimester symptoms - normal?

(8 Posts)
SquidgyMaltLoaf Tue 22-Apr-14 20:27:49

I'm 31+1 with my first. Have had really bad headaches most of the day for the past week and also feeling sick (no actual being sick). Also quite out of breath but I'm assuming that's because it's all getting squished in there...

My blood pressure was fine when I checked it on Saturday but are the headaches and nausea normal? So fed up and wondering how I'll get through the next five weeks of work sad

theborrower Tue 22-Apr-14 20:32:09

I would mention the headaches to your midwife.

As for the breathlessness, I think that's fairly common as like you said, everything is getting squished! But should, supposedly, ease in a few weeks as the baby drops a bit.

theborrower Tue 22-Apr-14 20:33:10

Ps - did you say that are you checking your own blood pressure?

LucyB1 Tue 22-Apr-14 20:35:21

I'm only 29 weeks and breathless. Tired as well. hmm

SquidgyMaltLoaf Tue 22-Apr-14 20:45:54

A friend has an electronic blood pressure machine - I told the midwife what it was. Not a substitute for her doing it but I figured it couldn't be too far out, and it was recommended to her by her doctor!

sarahquilt Tue 22-Apr-14 21:12:17

Yeah - sounds fairly normal.

YoniMitchell Tue 22-Apr-14 21:14:15

Yup, this sounds how I felt in the 3rd trimester. Drink loads of water to help with the headaches. The breathlessness and nausea will ease as baby shifts position and eventually moves down.

SquidgyMaltLoaf Tue 22-Apr-14 22:21:35

Bugger. There was I hoping thinking it might be some weird symptom that they could do something about. Roll on June...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now