Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Driving while pregnant

(9 Posts)
SouthDerbyshireMamma Tue 22-Apr-14 17:41:33

Does anyone else find driving really uncomfortable whilst pregnant? I don't seem to be able to get the seat belt in a comfortable position no matter how hard I try angry

sauvignonblacks Tue 22-Apr-14 17:47:48

Hate it! To long a journey and my pgp really kicks in

SouthDerbyshireMamma Tue 22-Apr-14 17:58:58

Have you found anything to ease the pain?

hubbahubster Tue 22-Apr-14 17:59:16

I'm 34 weeks. Will be taking my test in two weeks' time. I've been having 3-4 hour lessons. ARGH.

These are good, I used one when I drove a lot when I was pg with DC1. You can adjust the seat belt so that it sits over your lap rather than your bump but your seat belt still works in a crash.

mojo1981 Tue 22-Apr-14 18:47:24

yep, i got one of those and its a god send, doesnt stop you hitting your self in the belly when doing tight corners though lol

BEEwitched Tue 22-Apr-14 20:22:20

Even at my booking my midwife told me very sternly to always keep my belt under my bump - not so easy at almost 35 weeks!

I'm still ok in my own car but my husband's Focus is a nightmare, the belt is just in an impossible position no matter what I do.

theborrower Tue 22-Apr-14 20:28:41

I'm a pretty new driver (passed my test at 4 weeks!) and I'm nearly 30 now. I'm doing ok but it's starting to get uncomfy - I get my DH to do long trips. The belt isn't so bad, but the waist band on my trousers is. My main problem is that I'm short, so I need to put the seat close to the wheel to reach the pedals comfortably - and my tummy is getting a bit too close. I doubt I'll still be driving in a month. But we'll see!

SouthDerbyshireMamma Tue 22-Apr-14 21:04:24

That could have almost been written by me. I passed 6 weeks ago, a few weeks before my 30th. Never had any problems whilst learning but struggling now at 27 weeks.

My other half practically lies down to drive so I have to move the seat close to the wheel too theborrower Getting in or out the car with a bump must make for good viewing lol

Those bump belt adjusters looks great thereisnoeleventeen thank you for that. I'm going to give them a whirl smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now