Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Step away from You Tube

(11 Posts)
GoooRooo Tue 22-Apr-14 15:41:16

I'm expecting DC2 so am not a stranger to child birth.

I watch One Born Every Minute no problem so thought I'd have a look at YouTube and see some birthing videos.

Don't do it. Step away. It's scary.

PicandMinx Tue 22-Apr-14 15:45:01

It's always grim at the business end. grin

GoooRooo Tue 22-Apr-14 15:49:54

Yeah I guess I didn't have to actually watch what was going on down there when I was having my DS grin

squizita Tue 22-Apr-14 16:01:20

This was on the radio this morning! Christian OConnell was saying his wife saw OBEM and said 'Is that special effects... does it look like that?'. grin

Reminds me of the time I was having a cervical biopsy and the Dr said "do you want to look - it's fascinating!" and showed me his ultra close up monitor. Uuuurrrgh. Pulsing pink and blood and goo ... no thanks I'd rather not (there's a reason we don't get to SEE them I think!! Evolution).

GoooRooo Tue 22-Apr-14 16:05:12

grin @ special effects

If I get to have special effects I want my fanjo to be shooting out lasers as a minimum

ClaretAndBlue30 Tue 22-Apr-14 16:09:57

If you want to balance out the scariness I'd recommend you watch Ina May's Birth Stories - I found it inspirational and all about taking the fear out of labour! You can buy it on YouTube.

OhTheDrama Tue 22-Apr-14 16:13:48

I've never been pregnant while OBEM has been on as I had my two before it started. It used to be my favourite TV show and I never missed an episode up till now. I can't bear to watch this series now I'm expecting DC3, so I think youtube will be out of bounds too!

theborrower Tue 22-Apr-14 20:42:20

Who puts their birth video on YouTube for all to see?? The mind boggles.

GoooRooo Tue 22-Apr-14 21:28:27

There's LOADS of them theborrower. It's interesting to see the American births. There's a lot of counting going on during contractions.

I will not be YouTubing this birth. Sorry to disappoint you all.

Shortiee2707 Thu 24-Apr-14 12:01:41

I was very silly and watched a couple of video's on YouTube of women giving birth. I found myself pushing with them lol it looked so hard and scary but if you watch it all the way through, you see the baby at the end with the mum and it takes it all away, the mum doesn't even look in pain anymore .. Strangely. I can't wait for the day my baby comes :D

EyelinerQueen Thu 24-Apr-14 12:05:10

Oh I absolutely love watching home birth and unassisted birth videos on YouTube!

I find them really inspirational. The women are so serene and calm. I hope I can channel them when my turn comes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now