Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant student?! Advice please!

(2 Posts)
Kleanne24 Tue 22-Apr-14 14:13:34

Hello all, I'm very new to this but having read through many posts on here, everyone seems very supportive so here goes! I'm 22 years old and am currently in my second year of university. Have been in serious relationship with my boyfriend for over 4 years (he is 25). We always use condoms but TMI alert.. We had a few seconds of no condom action a couple of weeks ago and he noticed a bit of 'juice' (not the correct terminology ha ha) as he pulled out of me. I know it's extremely unlikely to get pregnant from this but just wondering if anybody has? I'm late for period (could be due to over thinking it) but am starting to question what I will do if I am pregnant. My boyfriend is not ready for children but I feel that I could be if financially I was. However, with still studying for my degree I don't have time for a full time job and want to complete it before I do so. He lives with his parents and earns an average wage from full time work and I live in a student flat alone with part time wage/student loans. Just any advice at all would be appreciated! I don't know how we would financially be able to live together yet with a baby if it came to it?

Mummyto3tobe Tue 22-Apr-14 14:31:51

Hi OP, i was you 6 years ago! just turned 21, second year of uni and pregnant by accident! and i freaked out just a tad too! ha. It all turned out fine, i now have a 6 year old and a 2.1 degree in maths so it definately can be done. i didnt have to get a full time job, worked part time at morrisons whilst i was pregnant and in uni and then split my final year into 2 years and did half the modules in each so it wasnt so full on with a baby and the studying.
Once baby arrives if you are living with your partner you can apply for tax credits which also can help out with childcare costs if you need to use child care to finish your degree or to be able to work. so dont panic! ... go and buy a clear blue test to find out..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now